Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

(07-29-2012, 08:39 PM)the dark side Wrote: basically, something like a NOLF-2 with modern graphics is what i am after, challenging, but not frustrating, and Varied, stealth, RPG, Vehicles, shooting, platforming, puzzle solving, item hunt, all rolled into the same game. thats what i am after. im not a masiochist, i just want to have fun.
Not every game is Skyrim you know, and to be honest it wouldn't be very interesting if it was.

Games all have aspects in them, some have these, others have others. The health regenerating is one of them. Puzzles, and items are another. Whether, or not a game is for you is partially affected by which of these aspects you enjoy.

The most important thing still is the EXECUTION of said aspects. Say a game with regenerating health with excellent execution is released. Sure I never die, but do I care? No, because even without dying the game is still fun as hell. I do not need to die to realize the difficulty of the game, nor does a game need to be sufficiently challenging to be fun. Whether, or not a game is boring is dependent of the execution of all the game's aspects, not whether, or not one of them is simply there (In this case regenerating health)

Also, another thing I noticed in your post dark side is that you're complaining about the on-screen instructions for things like reload, or switching weapons. I can buy the fact if you want to find the objectives yourself. I can respect you with that. But the prompts for interactions? It works the same with Amnesia's "hand" except with words. It's just there to remind you what you can do in a game, it has nothing to do with meaningful difficulty. I can't see how that would rub you the wrong way.

Also:
Quote:there is about one proper game out every 4 years now. its ridiculous!
Holy Jesus, I don't even want to know what type of standards you have if you're serious about this.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2012, 09:15 PM by Kreekakon.)
07-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games. - by Kreekakon - 07-29-2012, 09:10 PM