Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

Yeah I'm sorry Dark Side but, if the only reason people made games was to be challenging then not only would the game industry lose any sort of economic value, but there would be so much potential in that form of media that's lost. I honestly feel bad for you in a way, you're missing out on a lot of really great games because you're so focused on them being challenging. Amnesia is not only the scariest games I've played, but it's also one of the most immersive ones. I felt so many more emotions than I normally do playing a horror game, on top of that the story is nothing short of amazing. You're missing out on so much if you're just focusing on how challenging it is. And I have to say this now, no, it would not function as a graphic novel or web comic. It would lose a TON of the immersion, emotions, and just overall quality of the story.

And I just thought I should bring this up, there have been plenty of great games in the last few years, you're just not looking past AAA releases. If you get into more indie titles, or even past the shooter scene of big budget games there are plenty of great games that have come out recently. Your problem is you're only looking at the big releases, I could even name a few really great shooters that have either came out or been very relevant in the gaming community in the last year alone that I'm sure would offer enough challenge.

You don't seem to be taking in what the majority of people want from a game though to be honest, like I said if all games were super intense and very hard then the gaming industry would fail. There's a very small crowd that actually enjoys that kind of stuff (I actually do myself, when it's done in the right situations). With that said, there's also many people that play games for the story, many that play them just to mindlessly shoot everything to shit, etc. My point is, you're basically saying "If a game doesn't have the type of gameplay I enjoy then it's automatically bad and shouldn't even be a game", and I'm sorry, but that's incredibly narrow minded. Entertainment is specific to the person that's experiencing said media, so saying "If this game isn't 'x', then it isn't entertaining" can't be applied to everyone's taste and every title in a certain form of media like you did.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2012, 09:17 PM by Kman.)
07-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games. - by Kman - 07-29-2012, 09:14 PM