The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Hitman Absolution
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
Hitman Absolution

Why is nobody talking about it on here? I've played it for like 2 hours and I think it's amazing so far. I am really impressed with pretty much every aspect of the game (apart from some minor nitpicks); it's off to an incredible start. Unfortunately I have a lot to do so I can't really play it that much until the weekend but I am loving it so far. For those of you that are worried about it maybe being too action oriented I don't think there's much cause for concern. Really all they have added to the Hitman formula is much better combat, the ability to take out enemies using your hands (both lethal and nonlethal), a good cover system, the ability to pick up a bunch of objects and use them as distractions/weapons and a great scorekeeping system. The fundamentals are all still there and I think actually enhanced.

Now bear in mind these are just first impressions and I have only played through the first two missions. For all of you Hitman aficionados out there thinking you will have an easy time this is actually quite a difficult game on the Purist difficulty setting (I couldn't even finish the tutorial without getting detected) and I'm currently playing on the Hard difficulty (third most difficult) which I find pretty fair. I may even bump it up to Expert if I find it too easy, but for now it's pretty average. Also don't turn your nose up at the instinct mode before you try it, I find it fills a gaping hole that has always been present in the Hitman series. Here if you walk past a guard and he starts to get suspicious, the instinct will make 47 do something like scratch his neck, tip his hat or do anything to conceal his face or to act more natural. This is something an incognito assassin would do and I think it really makes disguising yourself feel more real. In the earlier games you would just try to keep as much distance between you and other guards and try not to run at all and 47 was always obvious as hell, which broke my immersion on more than one occasion. So while it may make your enemies instantly stop suspecting you (which I agree is kind of stupid) it makes more sense than just walking around with a stone face trying to face away from guards. Easy solution too - either don't use it and get caught or be a man and suit up!
11-20-2012, 11:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Hitman Absolution - by Bridge - 11-20-2012, 11:48 PM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by Hunter of Shadows - 11-21-2012, 06:02 AM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by Rapture - 11-21-2012, 07:10 AM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by Alex Ros - 11-21-2012, 01:38 PM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by Prelauncher - 11-21-2012, 02:30 PM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by Bridge - 11-21-2012, 04:15 PM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by wolfmaster1231 - 11-22-2012, 08:26 AM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by Bridge - 11-22-2012, 01:05 PM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by Prelauncher - 11-23-2012, 09:09 PM