Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Hitman Absolution
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Hitman Absolution

Quote:I picked it up from the store yesterday but I have to wait untill the weekend to play it. I did watch the video by TB "WTF is: Hitman Absolution". One of his complaints was that they've gone for more linear missions ie. you start at point A and make your way to point B and things happen along the way. Do you think the linear level design have abad impact on the game? I remember loving the previous Hitman games where you'd have a whole level free to explore.
Can'tcomment on that because I haven't gotten that far in the game but right off the bat there has been one interesting (albeit easy) level set in Chinatown that is based entirely on Hitman's principle of "hiding in
plain sight". Hitman has always been a mix of linear levels and open areas and so far I can't really say Absolution leans on either too strongly. Two of the three levels I've played have been non-linear in the sense that you are not confined to one path, so it is difficult to say how the entire game is structured. I'm a diehard Hitman fan and I don't feel like I am stuck on rails so far, although the tutorial is annoyingly linear (but all of the Hitman tutorials have been). Honestly, I can't say.
Quote:Wall o' text... Guards... 47... 47... Easy Solution too - either don't use it and get caught or be a man and suit up".

Hmm, doesn't seem like my kind of game tbh.
If you knew anything about Hitman or had the patience to read my relatively short post you would have understood the reference. Suit up is a reference to using only the starting clothes, which are 47's signature black suit/whatever regional clothes make sense, and is in most levels a real accomplishment, because it requires you to use line of sight based stealth rather than "social stealth" as it's often called. The instinct cannot be used to fool guards when you have nothing but your suit on, so my comment really just means: If you think instinct makes the game too easy either don't use it and get caught for seemingly nothing or be a man (because in the previous games it was often very dificult) and just use the suit/whatever.

Quote:I
wish to play it for a long time. I mean old Hitman releases. But 3d
person view was always repelling me. I hate 3d person view in games. Is
there an option to play Hitman: Absolution with a 1st person view?
Doesn't seem to be an option I'm afraid. Still, Hitman is a third person game; I couldn't imagine it any other way. I really recommend giving it a try, eventually I bet you won't notice it.
11-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Hitman Absolution - by Bridge - 11-20-2012, 11:48 PM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by Hunter of Shadows - 11-21-2012, 06:02 AM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by Rapture - 11-21-2012, 07:10 AM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by Alex Ros - 11-21-2012, 01:38 PM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by Prelauncher - 11-21-2012, 02:30 PM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by Bridge - 11-21-2012, 04:15 PM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by wolfmaster1231 - 11-22-2012, 08:26 AM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by Bridge - 11-22-2012, 01:05 PM
RE: Hitman Absolution - by Prelauncher - 11-23-2012, 09:09 PM