Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dissertation work with Amnesia: The Dark Decent
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Dissertation work with Amnesia: The Dark Decent

Well, I never played the demo, only the full game... I'll try to answer anyway, if that helps!

1. Its movement. It looks rather derpy up-close but the way it moves is just very unsettling, especially if you see it in silhouette.

2. I'd say the third one, Brute, but since it's between Grunt (gatherer) and Kaernk (invisible) I'll go with Grunt. The invisible monster is good for a stressful chase but you get to play around with it for a while and have to learn how to outsmart it. Thus, after understanding how it works, it loses a lot of its scaryness. The Grunt on the other hand is rarely seen until later in the game and thus kindles the imagination much more.

3. I did turn it off quite a few times because being constantly scared is quite uncomfortable! Wink

4. Uh...scared I guess? (Wouldn't it be more interesting to analyze why it has that effect? ^^)

5. No, never. It's pointless and I'm too busy fleeing or hiding.

6. Damn, I don't know what was in the demo and what not... was the wine cellar in there? I'll go with wine cellar.

7. Everybody here already owns it, me included. Big Grin

8. Easier? Amnesia is already easy as hell. I only died once in the whole game. (Not that that's a bad thing - avoiding frequent player death is an integral part of Amnesias game design.) I don't think the controls could be any more simplified either...
03-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dissertation work with Amnesia: The Dark Decent - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 03-21-2013, 12:08 AM