Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Don't Starve - Winter Strategy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Don't Starve - Winter Strategy

Quote: Hounds seem to be my only problem right now.
Wait till you meet the deerclops. It just destroyed my entire base, so no screenshots from me Sad

As for hounds, I too found beefalos to be the most useful. Pigs are good fighters as well, but too much of a risk for me, due to their little problem with the full moon. So first thing I do when starting a world is locate a beefalo herd and camp nearby. Craft a beefalo hat and voilà: I've made new friends and also have a decent supply of poop for farming.

If I'm somewhere far from my herd when a big number of hounds attack, best tactic is to just run. Hounds attack anything, so chances are they'll get distracted by bees, spiders and whatnot somewhere along the way. They also give up the chase at some point.

My main tactic when it comes to food is bees. A handful of bee hives with a nice patch of flowers nearby and you can easily collect two full stacks of honey before winter comes. Great thing about honey: It can turn a piece of otherwise poisonous monster meat into delicious honey nuggets in the crock pot! (Don't use more than one piece of monster meat or it'll be monster lasagna instead) Extremely useful for when normal meat runs out during winter. Also useful for bandages of course.

I'm also using the drying racks quite extensively since jerky rots far slower than meat. Never used a touch stone yet, I always have a meat effigy decorating my fields like a scarecrow Big Grin

I also tried to be smart with that Koalefant and caught one during summer. Chased it into a cage I made with walls and left it there as a poop supply and hoped it'd turn into a winter Koalefant during winter. Well, it doesn't. Winter Koalefants are apparently a separate mob that spawns in winter =/ Good thing my beard was already long enough to keep me warm! (Yes, a long beard counts as warm clothing! Big Grin)
04-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't Starve - Winter Strategy - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 04-06-2013, 12:09 AM
RE: Don't Starve - Winter Strategy - by Kreekakon - 04-06-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: Don't Starve - Winter Strategy - by Kreekakon - 04-06-2013, 02:46 PM
RE: Don't Starve - Winter Strategy - by Kreekakon - 04-06-2013, 03:55 PM