Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you?
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you?

Well let's see, I started out on SC1 when I was 7. Loved it and the custom maps, tried the Map Editor (Even the hacked/custom ones, but still allowed.) Couldn't figure out how to do any of the Triggers.

Fast forward 5-6 years, fell in love with Warcraft 3. Loved the custom maps, tried doing Triggers, failed horribly. But I loved making detailed maps, things that just looked as good as TKoK RPG maps, some a little better or worse.

Fast forward another number of years, sophomore high school student. Heard from this girl next to me in computer room (Bullshit class, fucking Word / Excel / Powerpoint for 3-year olds) that this game Amnesia the Dark Descent was super scary. Tried it out, loved the demo, bought the game actually later during christmas.

Got hooked on Custom Stories (I think TTP was my first, because it looked so fucking amazing at the time.) And I learned how to do scripting (After about 10 years of procrastinating) Now I'm into Modeling/Texturing...

Big props to Frictional Games. The biggest reason to helping me stepping over that procrastinating stone and doing something related to "Game Development" to which I have been dreaming about ever since I was 1.
04-15-2013, 03:56 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? - by Rapture - 04-15-2013, 03:56 AM