Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Updating script support, taking requests
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Updating script support, taking requests

1.I know a lot of people without 3d modelling skills, use the primitive planes to get more out of the engine, but being limited to planes only is well...limiting!
I suggest adding more primitives like cylinders,spheres and maybe a tube.
A cube would be good too so people dont have to place 6 planes.

2. Add support for loading assets from outside the default folders in the level editor, makes it easier for people using custom assets in the CS and FC/IFC to develop so they dont have to have their assets in 2 places(one in static_objects folder, and one in their mod folder), or do the load another mesh on a model work around.

3. Add support for moving the camera through script to a specified area,(script area or playerstart area fx, you decide) rather then having to script the exact transformations, will help a lot of people out who want to use non-first person viewpoint for "cinematics", mostly intros.

4. Give particles a wireframe box(like boxlight or plane) so you know exacly how much area they cover, specifically I was thinking of the rain particles

5. add an option to make the UI dark grey, because nowadays everything is dark grey Tongue
08-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updating script support, taking requests - by WALP - 08-31-2013, 12:37 PM