Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What is your opinion on puzzles in Pigs?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too easy, thery could haver add more complex ones for gameplay variety (negative)
74.36%
58 74.36%
It's okay, just like in Dark Descent (positive)
16.67%
13 16.67%
There were puzzles? (used walkthrough/indifferent)
8.97%
7 8.97%
Total 78 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP?
grrrz Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP?

(09-10-2013, 09:19 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: I think I prefer these puzzles. Argument is that AMFP puzzles aren't usual game puzzles, but strict interactions with the virtual world and items. It doesn't feels anymore like you're playing a game and time has to solve a puzzle. Now you're just playing on and on and there's no dividation of gameplay types, everything is chained into one solid experience.
But a "puzzle" is supposed to be something that you have to think about and figure out. I never once in this game had to figure out anything nor felt at least a bit stuck or challenged (by the creatures a bit more but that's another story)
Then as if it wasn't obvious enough you get a note explaining you exactly what you have to do, which feels bordeline insulting.
Throwing a switch as instructed from a note is not a puzzle. It's just a narrative device. This is the main problem for me with this game (if compared to what comes before).
The dark descent was already a bit weak on this point, but much more satisfying.
The Penumbra series had way better puzzles and they were way more challenging and satisfying as I recall (which make "Black Plague" my favorite frictional game).
And they could probably have come up with decent puzzles even without the inventary.
The only real brainer here could be the plot (and trying to figure it all out, plus apparently I missed a few notes).
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 03:56 PM by grrrz.)
09-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think about puzzles in AAMFP? - by grrrz - 09-12-2013, 03:54 PM