Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Announcement Can we have some contests? All invited.
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Can we have some contests? All invited.

I have actually been rolling around with, I would not say an idea, but rather a fantasy of a competition.
It would be a short mod(FC/IFC) competition centered around trying to see if any of us complainers could actually make a scary AAMFP ourself(es).
Therefore the rules for that fantasy competition would be something like this:

Spoiler below!

1. Participants have to use a game.cfg that modifies the character controller to be simular to AAMFP
(the host would upload one for everyone to use)

2. Participants can only use the manpigs from AAMFP, not monsters from TDD or custom ones. You are however allowed to change the settings/properties for the manpigs or other assets if you wish.

3. Does not have to be the same universe but, it must be set in a setting that resembles/is similar to AAMFP.
Therefore it should also mainly use AAMFP assets. Though TDD and custom assets are allowed,
it should be kept to a minimum so no adding in a TDD style dungeon

4. The inventory must be disabled by script:
void SetInventoryDisabled(bool abX);

5. It must at least have a story that goes beyond just being an excuse for the horror.

6. Length is recommended to be 1-3 maps for better quality but you can make it as long as you want. You can also create an unfinished story if you dont want to compress things and if you want just continue working on it after the competition without restrictions.

Felt I just had to share it since the thread was begging me for it, but in reality I am doubtful as to whether or not enough people would be up for a competition with these restrictions unless theres a really good prize, and all I got is a couple game keys.

EDIT: after reading chasers comment I decided to add a spoiler
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 11:13 PM by WALP.)
10-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we have some contests? All invited. - by WALP - 10-05-2013, 10:24 PM