Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Interview on AMFP - "Infection" Mechanic Was Cut
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: New Interview on AMFP - "Infection" Mechanic Was Cut

Anna had an interesting gimmick that most players would probably overlook. To say it in a non spoiler-y fashion: the game was an old school point and click adventure game but with a first person viewpoint and freedom of movement. It took me ages for some puzzles and all of that made me forget what the game was trying to tell me. I kept playing, sometimes confused and numbed from the obtuse puzzles and finished it. I thought back on what I did on the game and saw all three endings and I realized they had sneakily designed the game to stump players so they could share the protagonist's attitude at the end game.

Clumsy way to tell a story, which a lot of people won't get or care to get, but it's doable.

Dan deciding to make it easier and less scary was a bit overboard. But again, the payoff was more than worth it in my opinion so it's all a moot point (for me).
12-05-2013, 03:24 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Interview on AMFP - "Infection" Mechanic Was Cut - by Cuyir - 12-05-2013, 03:24 AM