Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Interview on AMFP - "Infection" Mechanic Was Cut
Rya.Reisender Offline

Threads: 1
RE: New Interview on AMFP - "Infection" Mechanic Was Cut

Why would people buy horror games when they quit them due to being "too scary"? I don't see that at all.

Rather, I could imagine the section with the water monster getting many players to quit TDD simply because they couldn't survive that section.

In my opinion a game can be as scary as possible. Too difficult can certainly turn off players, but TDD was never really too difficult in the first place (except maybe the water monster part, but then against that's not much harder than the electric pig part). TDD actually had a neat mechanism that scalled down difficulty if you died often (like the monster that keeps killing you not appearing anymore). That was all I needed to not having to quit the game. Too hard puzzles... well I'm split on this. On one hand too hard puzzles won't really make people quit anymore. Not in generation online anyway. People will just go read a guide on how to solve the puzzle if they are stuck. Problem is when puzzles are constantly so super hard that you spend more time reading guides than actually playing the game. It totally kills immersion.
12-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Interview on AMFP - "Infection" Mechanic Was Cut - by Rya.Reisender - 12-06-2013, 01:34 PM