Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I always hit this point in development when...
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: I always hit this point in development when...

This is just my take on it, that kind of matches my personality.

Everyone is different so what works for others will not always work on yourself, but it might help give you some ideas.
Spoiler below!
I find it best just to force yourself to work on it. (You having the same problem as the rest of us, and IMO is because your thinking to hard)

I notice I get lethargic about my own projects when I start thinking to much...

Whenever I start a new project, I'm not thinking about whether I'm bored or this or that. I have a general idea to what I want to do and accomplish and I just do it. I'm not worrying about anything. But then after about 2 weeks, the "thinking to hard" starts to creep in.

I'm working on some maps right now, and for a few days I got rather bored just doing small tweaks. So I just forced myself to start adding in large blocks of land and walls in the map and went back adding in smaller details.

Found out I completed half of the map (Level design only) in two days rather than the two weeks I spent agonizing about what to do next.

You have to do what any Coach does, force you to push yourself.
09-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: I always hit this point in development when... - by Rapture - 09-02-2014, 04:59 PM