Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Game Design/Gameplay needed for dealing with Enemies in future games
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34
RE: New Game Design/Gameplay needed for dealing with Enemies in future games

I agree but some hardcore Amnesia fans will disagree I assume. Nonetheless, I respect their attitude for Amnesia and SOMA .
Awhile ago, I wrote some proposal for new gameplay styles with throwable "bombs."
I think that classical shooter playstyle (Doom,Dead space) wouldn't be a satisfactory solution either.
Something in between.
My view is that weapons should become tools for disable/stun the creature and maybe to kill if the story is going that way.
For example electric,frozen, poison states are in option for this.

Also, making something as part of the lore is welcomed. For example, in System shock there are psionics
Spoiler below!
[Image: 9.jpg]
and in Bioshock there is great plasmid game mechanic.
I remember in Doom3 and Half life there is kinda gravity gun which uses boomerang mechanic. It can throw enemy's features back at them.
Spoiler below!
[Image: gravity_gun.jpg]
This gameplay could be optional. So, if player chooses not to, he could run,dodge and hide. Different players could choose different tactics and the game could give new experience.
Another option is to choose player's class in the beginning of the game:
->"fateless/helpless" character doesn't know his destiny which awaits him and he can't defend himself
->"engineer/scholar" knows how to built necessary tools for his survival
Overall, playstyles could be balanced and improved.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 05:18 PM by Radiance.)
10-02-2015, 08:24 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Game Design/Gameplay needed for dealing with Enemies in future games - by Radiance - 10-02-2015, 08:24 AM