Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion: Monster Behavior in SOMA (Mild Spoilers)
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Discussion: Monster Behavior in SOMA (Mild Spoilers)

(01-15-2016, 12:05 PM)Noble81 Wrote:
Spoiler below!
OMG what the hell was the one near the end where you open the door with eight locks on and it is standing right there!? That was terrifying but also it did not find a certain way to exploit it? In the end on my third attempt I just ran for it and never looked back! Was horrendous waiting for the next eight lock door to open whilst I could hear it coming back.

Did I miss any?

Spoiler below!
The diver is based on your sight. If it's in your Field of Vision, it stops. Turn away, it chases. Think of it like a Weeping Angel.

Everything downstairs in theta was blind. The proxies and Akers - however, Akers' hearing is slightly better.
Also, edited your post to include proper spoiler tags. You can make them by doing this:
[spoiler]Your Text Here[/spoiler]

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2016, 02:20 PM by Romulator.)
01-15-2016, 02:20 PM
Find
Noble81 Offline

Threads: 1

(01-15-2016, 02:20 PM)Romulator Wrote:
(01-15-2016, 12:05 PM)Noble81 Wrote:
Spoiler below!
OMG what the hell was the one near the end where you open the door with eight locks on and it is standing right there!? That was terrifying but also it did not find a certain way to exploit it? In the end on my third attempt I just ran for it and never looked back! Was horrendous waiting for the next eight lock door to open whilst I could hear it coming back.

Did I miss any?

Spoiler below!
The diver is based on your sight. If it's in your Field of Vision, it stops. Turn away, it chases. Think of it like a Weeping Angel.

Everything downstairs in theta was blind. The proxies and Akers - however, Akers' hearing is slightly better.
Also, edited your post to include proper spoiler tags. You can make them by doing this:
[spoiler]Your Text Here[/spoiler]

Ha! So that is why it was terrifying and I was getting chased everywhere! Smile Brilliant.
01-15-2016, 03:37 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

I had no idea that ...
Spoiler below!

...the diver worked like that. It seemed to chase me around whether or not I was looking at it or not. I concluded that it had very good hearing (as it could somewhat hear doors and normal footsteps), as well as sight. I had no idea. I just ran from one room to the other while trying to interact with the terminals. It took me a while.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

01-15-2016, 07:18 PM
Find