Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Game Design/Gameplay needed for dealing with Enemies in future games
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: New Game Design/Gameplay needed for dealing with Enemies in future games

Agreed.

Some of the first monsters had rules. And rules are very good for monsters.

With one, you cannot look at it. With another you cannot make loud sounds. And one tracks movement. There is always a way to avoid the monster, yet sometimes you will be forced into a situation where it's hard to obey the rule. And that's how an encounter should be.

In the 'reset router' area, the monster was actually very very dumb. All you had to do was figure it out. I realized this, when I was trappen and instead of running, all I did was stand still... I didn't even look away from it. I just stopped doing anything. Monster walked right by me.

As long as a monster has a key it's both fair to the player but can still be terrifying.

The 'suit guy' at TAU was super annoying. I couldn't hide from him. Couldn't even run because of slow doors. I eventually got past him anyway. Fortunately.

Trying is the first step to success.
10-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Game Design/Gameplay needed for dealing with Enemies in future games - by FlawlessHappiness - 10-02-2015, 12:36 PM