Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Game Design/Gameplay needed for dealing with Enemies in future games
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: New Game Design/Gameplay needed for dealing with Enemies in future games

I think "skills" is not the right word. That sounds like playing a RPG. In a horror game the player shouldn't be like a hero where you have to advance his skills. It's important to play a normal, unimportant person without any special skills.

An other ghing is that you shouldn't collect items in the environment like tinderboxes, oil or medi packs. This always doesn't feel organic or plausible world design. Then you have to ask "who has left this here?" It feels like the game creators placed some items around the world waiting for you to get found and picked up. I think this is a big improvement in SOMA. There should be of course a lot of useless stuff to interact with. Interactions are a must-have. But a world with collectable items feels "created". I think you should only find items at places where they are logical. For example oil in machine room, tinderboxes in a chest or medi packs in a hospital station. But not randomly placed in the world. Important is to create a world that wants to get explored story-wise.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 08:19 PM by Googolplex.)
10-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Game Design/Gameplay needed for dealing with Enemies in future games - by Googolplex - 10-02-2015, 08:18 PM