Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

"A bit scary, but mostly annoying.*"
(wish there was "moderately scary", because designs itself were awesome, behavior isn't)

I recall in early stage of development you guys once mentioned you don't want to implement "active" monster i.e. they won't be attacking you explicitly. This resulted in some quick negative feedback so I assume this was a driving reason for the change. Now that I experienced the way SOMA is as a final product the "active" monsters truly look out of place. The way close and scarce environment in SOMA designed is not really intended for monster chase and hiding. Best atmospheric experience I had with a few very unusual "monsters": Ross and the resurrected crew members (crying robot woman in Omicron). Both don't even attack you directly (the woman does that only if you provoke her or by script) and contribute A LOT towards the overall tense atmosphere. ROSS follows you for a while and you never truly know his intentions and when he is going to attack you and this mechanic really fits SOMA's creepy lonely exploration experience well. You should have gone for a similar approach with the most of them, with the exception of some lore-specific like Akers, who definitely should be an "active one".

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 07:13 PM by Kein.)
10-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Kein - 10-05-2015, 07:08 PM