Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

(10-19-2015, 06:46 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: I managed to completely lose him somehow. Fair warning, if he truly is random this is just dumb luck:

I'm not saying that it teleports or something but I noticed that whenever you get away from it, it will start coming towards your current area no matter the absence of audio or visual clues. And yes, you could play such games with it and run for your life but that doesn't allow exploration of the area. There are some rooms near the stairs you have to ascend including a computer with text etc which you will miss with such a strategy. I was trying to read those things and that's why Yoshida frustrated me.

For me, the scariest monster is the curie one. This teleportation sound that it makes is just chilly. Not that it wasn't annoying after some time. That's another example of a monster that follows you around intentionally. The thing with curie though is that it's not obvious (at least at first gameplay) that it's doing that. I wasn't certain. I thought that maybe even a slight movement caused it to come close to my location and that's why it was behind me often. So the curie one was just fine on that regard, but Yoshida on the other hand was obvious.

Generally, I think that the monsters should be patrolling an area of the map, not the whole map. So once you successfully sneak past them, it's done. Isn't it repetitive to have to sneak past a monster 10 times in a single map? In my case, I mainly disliked the fact that I missed a part of the map due to frustration. Akers at Theta was ok in my opinion as long as you used the main office to lock doors and find all the needed stuff before going to the elevator which triggers him to come. In the end though, I guess it all comes down to perspective as I read some earlier posts and some people seem to really like the Tau/Yoshida monster.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015, 12:51 AM by plutomaniac.)
10-19-2015, 08:37 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by plutomaniac - 10-19-2015, 08:37 PM