Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted)
Coldspire Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted)

Hi, Thomas,

My Steam-installed copy of Overture crashes similar to your 2) above, when opening a door to a new level. Actually, I've tried running the game on two different hardware sets, a desktop and a notebook, and the same crash (same as far as BlackBox reports it, at least) occurs on both systems but at different times. I ran the game using the updated executable on both machines.

On the Vista desktop, the game crashes after opening the door to the Incinerator section. The "Loading" screen appears for a couple seconds before crashing.

On the notebook (a MacBook Pro running Windows in Boot Camp), I can actually enter the Incinerator section, and even complete it. But after using the crowbar on the door to exit the Incinerator area, the game displays the narrative text while loading and crashes after a couple seconds.

Let me know if you need any additional information about the above. Actually, thanks to the Humble Bundle I now have a license for the OS X version too, so I might try that next.
05-17-2010, 02:47 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted) - by Coldspire - 05-17-2010, 02:47 AM