Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted)
LucasG Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted)

Hi, I am having the same problem as 2) however i never had an issue with 1) I tried the exe and it didnt work I am getting the same thing as coldspire.

My game crashes to the black box with the following error:
penumbra.exe cause an EXCEPTION_ACCESS+VIOLATION in module penumbra.exe at 001B:0058FBE0

This is whats in the stack trace:
001B:0058FBE0 penumbra.exe
001B:0059697B penumbra.exe

Im running windows XP and have an Nvidia Graphics card in SLI as well as a Soundblaster X-fi sound card, though i'm not sure if any of that is important. Oh I also am running the steam version of the game when this issue occurs though I have not tested the Humble Bundle of the game as coldspire did. Personally I think the root here is steam I based on that, I dont know if steam automatically re-updates the altered exe back to the original when you try to run it or not, it is possible. maybe I will try putting steam in offline mode before trying it again.

Also, good luck on finding the fix for this, was looking forward to finally finishing this.

Edit: Yeah just tried it in offline mode still nothing, heh. Well it was worth a shot.
05-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted) - by LucasG - 05-21-2010, 01:22 AM