Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The demo (or the full game) wont start, i just get an error message? Intel Chipsets
KickyMcAssington Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago Bug  RE: The demo wont start, i just get an error message?

I've got windows 7 64 bit, and a Nvidia gforce 8800, that HAS to be supported.. This is a fresh install of windows from 2 months ago, Nvidia hasn't updated my drivers since then.
I get the same error as the first guy:
"FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information."

I pre-ordered the game and am pretty disappointed it looks like it wont run, I'm hoping you pull though and patch the demo so I know my money wont be wasted.
hpl.log is attached

*edit*Problem solved!
I did have to uninstall my display drivers and reinstall. I feel bad for discounting this solution, but as usual the real trouble comes from Microsoft. It turns out windows 7 will automatically install old display drivers as soon as you boot up even after you've just uninstalled your drivers and are rebooting to fully uninstall. The solution is to FULLY disable windows automatic update so it wont install out of date drivers before you can install a fresh driver. The instructions i followed were in a reply from this thread:Stopping win7 driver autoinstall
09-05-2010, 04:32 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The demo wont start, i just get an error message? - by KickyMcAssington - 09-05-2010, 04:32 AM