Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse is forever captured
kenoxite Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Mouse is forever captured

The problem persists in the final version.

I just started the game and after a few tinkering with the in-game options the mouse wasn't totally responsive: I was able to move the mouse around but it didn't registered any clicks (so I wasn't able to Quit).

I Alt-Tabbed out and noticed that the mouse was stuck in the top left corner of the desktop area. From time to time I was able to move it diagonally but as soon as it reached the end of the (hidden) Amnesia window (848x480) it reset to that corner.

The problem here is that I wasn't able to quit the application. The in-game quit menu didn't register the clicks, and I wasn't able to use the Windows Task Manager because the mouse pointer was trapped in a corner.

I also have a digital tablet connected to my system, so I was finally able to use the Task Manager with my pen and close the game, which restored the mouse to its natural state.

A fix to this would be more than welcomed. Also, please, add the option to Alt+F4 your games. If I hadn't have a digital tablet I would have been forced to restart my computer in order to close Amnesia, which doesn't seem to be most elegant solution, if you ask me.

Now, back to the game. I hope Amnesia allows me to play it this time. All I've seen so far is the menu and a crazy mouse pointer.
09-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Mouse is forever captured - by xvpower - 09-07-2010, 01:38 PM
RE: Mouse is forever captured - by mtomato - 09-07-2010, 02:24 PM
RE: Mouse is forever captured - by kenoxite - 09-08-2010, 08:45 AM
RE: Mouse is forever captured - by onewolf - 09-10-2010, 11:22 PM
RE: Mouse is forever captured - by thePyro13 - 09-11-2010, 03:13 AM