Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Minor Spoiler] Strange Light Blue/Cyan textures at the end game
Myk3423
Unregistered

Not Solved RE: [Minor Spoiler] Strange Light Blue/Cyan textures at the end game
(01-15-2019, 01:28 PM)Mudbill Wrote: This from the log might be relevant:

ERROR: Couldn't create material 'undergrowth/plants/grass/grass.mat'
ERROR: Couldn't load texture ''
WARNING: Sub mesh 'marker_waterfall' does not exist in mesh 'water_fx_05_02_stream.msh'!

Why it happens I don't know. Is it the water texture itself that is buggy or is it something in the water?
Can you try verifying the integrity of the game files in Steam?

I don't see anything wrong with the water. It's mostly on the ground, underneath shrubbery, and on the large rocks. I'm attaching some more screen shots so you can see.

Links here since each is over the 500kb limit
https://imgur.com/a/PM0jcNV

Also I just validated the files and steam said they were all good. I even tried deleting the textures folder and the ark map folder, then validating again to reinstall a fresh set. Same issue.

I also recently tried playing this game on a gaming laptop that also has both AMD graphics: R7 265M  and intel hd 5500. Using the up to date AMD drivers (19.1.1 as of 1/15/2019), the strange textures still persisted on the laptop as they were on my desktop. However when I used the intel HD 5500, the problem went away. 

This makes me believe this might be a driver issue on amd's end, but as stated on the original post, I have tested drivers all the way back to 18.9.3. If i have time I 'll try to test some older drivers.
01-16-2019, 05:26 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Minor Spoiler] Strange Light Blue/Cyan textures at the end game - by Myk3423 - 01-16-2019, 05:26 AM