Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game does not recognize inventory.hps file
LagerShan Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Game does not recognize inventory.hps file

(11-10-2019, 08:22 PM)Mudbill Wrote: And when you test your CS, are you using "new game" or "continue" ?

I just tested it myself and worked fine.

PHP Code: (Select All)
void OnGameStart() 
{

Print("Test log from inventory.hps\n");

Make sure capitals are all lower-case in the file name. File should be in the folder specified by the MapsFolder in custom_story_settings.cfg

This should print this line somewhere in the hpl.log file for the current instance (which is "Main" unless you're loading the CS through a mod).

If it still doesn't work, send the hpl.log.
You're right, I just fixed it. The problem was that in the custom_story_settings.cfg, the map destination had Ch02, isntead of ch02 since that's how it actually is named in the folder. Althought if it was named incorrectly this whole time, then how did it find the map correctly even if the ch02 was written incorrectly?
Thanks alot of taking your time to help, can't believe I missed something like that. Althought didn't notice it would have been the problem considering it actually found and loaded the map correctly even if it was mispelled.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2019, 10:04 PM by LagerShan.)
11-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game does not recognize inventory.hps file - by LagerShan - 11-10-2019, 10:01 PM