Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia = One of the Best Games Ever
kailip Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Amnesia = One of the Best Games Ever

(01-04-2011, 09:29 PM)Splint Wrote: I just wanted to thank Frictional Games for Amnesia. I've been "gaming" since Nintendo first came out, and I think that Amnesia is certainly in my list of the top 3 best games I've ever played.

After reading many comments on this forum and elsewhere, I have to say that the scariest part was the near intolerable tension that this game provoked within me. Like the developers have said in interviews, the true horrors lie in a person's imagination. They very artfully toyed with my fears to make me jump at even minor things. I think it was used to a brilliant effect. As one review said, after you get killed it's kind of a let down because you know what to expect.

Anyway, I know it's unlikely that any developer will read this, but I'll post it none the less as a thank you to all their hard work. I'm probably going to now go back and order the Penumbra series to give it a shot.

Given the money issues they've mentioned in the past, I think they ought to think about a pre-ording packages for their next title. I know I'd be on board with anything they're going after next.

That's just the most awesome thing on amnesia. Some times i got scared with ridiculous things. But 3 moments that i got scared as hell was:
Spoiler below!
the entire prison, the brute at the sewer, and specially on the choir, I didn't knew i couldn't run and have the lantern on, then the monster music started but there was no monsters there, so i stood still and suddenly the monster appeared right in front of me and i literally jumped out of my chair @_@
01-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Amnesia = One of the Best Games Ever - by Splint - 01-04-2011, 09:29 PM
RE: Amnesia = One of the Best Games Ever - by kailip - 01-04-2011, 10:11 PM
RE: Amnesia = One of the Best Games Ever - by Bek - 01-05-2011, 01:53 AM
RE: Amnesia = One of the Best Games Ever - by Bek - 01-05-2011, 01:48 PM