Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Feedback from a 16 year old casual gamer
Redeemer Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Feedback from a 16 year old casual gamer

Quote:16 year old knows about myst. Impressive.
My earliest memory of any video game involves my brother playing Excite Bike. Myst came way later. Wink

Quote:Oh my god a casual gamer ALERT ALERT ALERT !!!!
Hehehe. I say casual because I don't enjoy playing games like Dragon Age that take more than 24 hours of playing time to beat.

My favorite games are Chess, Minesweeper, Doom (it's easy to pick up and play, and the constantly released mods keep it fresh and interesting), and now Amnesia.

Despite my easy take on gaming, I like to be very critical when I assess video games. I can see design decisions as I play out a game, and I can usually feel what the designer is trying to do behind the scenes quite easily. Needless to say, its generally easy for me to tell what's "scripted" and what's a genuine part of the gameplay.

Amnesia was less frightening for that reason. Like I said above, I caught on to its "Spawn a monster, hunt the player a bit, then disappear" method early in the game and learned to use the music as a safety indicator rather quickly.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2011, 12:02 AM by Redeemer.)
03-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback from a 16 year old casual gamer - by Redeemer - 03-12-2011, 11:54 PM