Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem: "Could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg"
scotchman Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Problem: "Could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg"

(01-02-2012, 10:19 PM)starheart Wrote:
(03-28-2011, 09:57 PM)Urkle Wrote: There is a fix pending for this.. Just going through final testing before a patch is released.
can you send for me the fix too? Huh
I did manage to get the game working, although it did take me a decent while to figure it out. My computer still doesn't have a new graphic chipset model (integrated MacBook card GMA series), but I upgraded my ram and java client to support 64 bit. (lion osx) I can run the game through steam, which may have the latest patch. It is slow and grinds through some parts where it has to render rocks falling AND my character panicking or being chased, but somehow that just makes it scarier- slow response controls when you are going to die is heart wrenching. Anyway that did fix the problem for me, sort of. As before it would just display black screen on launch. So, that's something. Also the game ran perfectly through "ONLIVE" gaming service, depending on your Internet connection. They render it for you with their engine and stream it to you while you play. Sucks though if you are on wifi or a slow connection. But that also worked. (I bought this game 3 times: through frictional, steam, ONLIVE, because I really wanted to figure it out on my laptop. Definitely worth it, just beat it.) in an unrelated note: I'd recommend Penumbra: Overture, and Penumbra: Black plague, if you haven't played them already. Amazing games and they are much less graphic intensive than amnesia, while still scary as hell. Made by the same company from an earlier time. I hope this helps!

01-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem: "Could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg" - by scotchman - 01-03-2012, 04:36 PM