Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem: "Could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg"
scotchman Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Problem: "Could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg"

(04-14-2011, 06:26 PM)Urkle Wrote: Well, from what we have found so far it was caused by zero byte (or corrupted) files in the ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/Amnesia folder. As all the *fixes* I was applying made no difference until the Amnesia folder was renamed.

The issue I was trying to fix was the game starting in the wrong directory (which I ran across once myself).. You can see if that is your issue by opening the Terminal application, and running the following
cd /Applications/Amnesia.app/Contents/Resources
./Amnesia.app/Contents/MacOS/Amnesia

If THAT doesn't fix the issue then check the config folder (within the Contents/Resources folder) and see what the main_init.cfg looks like (or post it here).

I ran the code in terminal, and it booted to a black screen that flashed blue, and then crashed. (Which could be my graphics driver sucking) and then when It asked to be restarted I still got the same error message: could not load main init....

So I found the main_init.cfg file:

<ConfigFiles
Resources = "resources.cfg"
Materials = "materials.cfg"

Game = "config/game.cfg"
Menu = "config/menu.cfg"
PreMenu = "config/pre_menu.cfg"
Demo = "config/demo.cfg"

DefaultMainSettings = "config/default_main_settings.cfg"

DefaultMainSettingsLow = "launcher/default_main_settings_low.cfg"
DefaultMainSettingsMedium = "launcher/default_main_settings_medium.cfg"
DefaultMainSettingsHigh = "launcher/default_main_settings_high.cfg"

DefaultUserSettings = "config/default_user_settings.cfg"
DefaultUserKeys = "config/default_user_keys.cfg"

DefaultBaseLanguage = "base_english.lang"
DefaultGameLanguage = "english.lang"
/>

<Directories
MainSaveFolder = "Main"

BaseLanguageFolder = "config/"
GameLanguageFolder = "config/lang_main/"

CustomStoryPath = "custom_stories"
/>

<Variables
GameName = "Amnesia - The Dark Descent -"
/>

<StartMap
File = "00_rainy_hall.map"
Folder = "maps/main/"
Pos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
/>

Not sure whether there is anything wrong with it per se. I am running a 10.5.8 version of mac OSX, but it is an intel core macbook, and after reading the rest of the forum messages I feel that ultimately it will be my graphics card at the root of this issue. which can't be helped. That having been said, I do hope its something fixable. (would the game ever be patched to be compatible at much lower settings for graphics drivers such as mine?)
04-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem: "Could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg" - by scotchman - 04-14-2011, 06:38 PM