Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How do you feel about Amnesia putting the spotlight on Frictional?
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: How do you feel about Amnesia putting the spotlight on Frictional?

I was kinda thinking about something similar. I read the one statement they made on the site, about how they hadn't signed any contracts prior to Amnesia so they could do what they wanted to and keep all the income for themselves and stuff like that. Which is all good, so I was hoping they never decide to sign some big contract and have to make a game that's mainstream, like what I heard happened with Left 4 Dead with having to 'tone things down a bit' to appeal to a wider range of an audience. I'm glad that Frictional is doing something not many companies do, making adult games. R-rated movies can come out all the time with the sickest and most twisted plots and images imaginable (which I totally enjoy as well), but as soon as something like Grand Theft Auto became popular, every news channel had a story on how terrible and violent video games are. Do they ever do a news broadcast about movies? No. There shouldn't be a bias towards gaming either. So far I think Frictional has done a great job at making games for an adult audience, and whatever keeps happening with the rediculous media stories, I hope Frictional keeps doing exactly what they have been, which is making games for us in the 18+ group and not trying to make a game that every parent will buy for their 13 year old son. Adults need games too.
04-28-2011, 04:57 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you feel about Amnesia putting the spotlight on Frictional? - by dph314 - 04-28-2011, 04:57 AM