Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Looking For Help? Look No More!
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36
Wink  Looking For Help? Look No More!

Are you one of those people that needs help, no matter where you looked? Can't find the exact answer to your problem? Here, I will answer any questions anyone cares to ask about the HPL2 level editor, scripting, or language files. Big Grin

I'll provide the most exact technique to your problem. If you want to keep it private, then you can private message me here on the forums, for you don't want your ideas to be spoiled.

I've noticed that some people who want to help can't always give the correct answer, for they aren't sure if it would work. I have been on these forums for almost a year and have full knowledge of the script functions page and all that is related to it for how to do it. I guarantee that I can provide detailed answers to details questions. Wink

08-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49
RE: Looking For Help? Look No More!

FIRST QUESTION!

Can you make my skybox a dds cubemap for me? I made it a DDS, but its still not showing up when I try to find it in the editor Sad

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

08-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Website Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

(08-28-2011, 03:37 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: FIRST QUESTION!

Can you make my skybox a dds cubemap for me? I made it a DDS, but its still not showing up when I try to find it in the editor Sad

Have you followed these instructions exactly for the skybox? http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...tutorial_3

Sadly, my computer doesn't work for some reason when downloading the .dds plugins for Photoshop and Gimp. :/

I suggest private messaging DamnNoHtml or MrBigzy on this one. xD

08-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Find
MegaScience Offline

Threads: 1

Is the spotlight billboard globo trick the only way to make visual animations similar to TV and such?
08-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

(08-28-2011, 04:08 PM)MegaScience Wrote: Is the spotlight billboard globo trick the only way to make visual animations similar to TV and such?

I'm pretty sure that's the only way, unless you had seperate entities of the TV getting activated and deactivated every time the animation changes on the screen. I believe it would be much more difficult to do it the way I suggested, but it should give a better effect for a TV, maybe with color.

08-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(08-28-2011, 03:51 PM)Kyle Wrote:
(08-28-2011, 03:37 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: FIRST QUESTION!

Have you followed these instructions exactly for the skybox? http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...tutorial_3

Sadly, my computer doesn't work for some reason when downloading the .dds plugins for Photoshop and Gimp. :/

I suggest private messaging DamnNoHtml or MrBigzy on this one. xD

I would suggest following the instructions in this video i made for the GIMP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKBYVEyw1s

When i have the time, i might make a Python script that does this automatically in the GIMP.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2011, 06:22 PM by Your Computer.)
08-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Website Find
JetlinerX Offline

Holy crap... thats way too hard for what I was expecting, I will just go use a very boring sky box. xD

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

08-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Website Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

I gonna take chance and ask one question. Probably more in future.

If door is closed and I want it to force it ban opened, is it pretty much impossible whatever numbers I use at the impulse or force? It only works if door is opened little bit Smile?

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
08-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

You can open it a very little crack, and disable auto-close, so it looks closed, then gets opened.

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

08-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Website Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Oh damn, yes you can disable auto close Tongue. I should have known that Tongue. That makes all the stuff way easier! Thank you JetlinerX Big Grin!

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
08-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Find