Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a game error as such.....
ObsidianLegion Offline

Threads: 53
Not a game error as such.....

Hey guys.

My enthusiasm (Don't know if I spelt that right) for creating my story is dwindling. Something puts me off it. I'm doing minimal bits in few day gaps.

I think I need a little support. Not to sound selfish.

I need someone to test it out for me. Tell me what they think. Kind of a pre-alpha.

I think with the right critisism. I may carry on. I think I just don't get enough nice words on it. So I don't carry it on. What I have is TOTALLY different to the demo. I thought it was..........crap. Basically. The storyline hasn't changed. I've only added nice storyline backing to it. The 5th map isn't complete due to scripting. It's a little complicated. So, you'll know when things will end.

If anyone at all would like to help, just ask.

Thanks.

Also, I know you may think it's stupid to start something I find hard to complete but I always wanted to entertain. Please guys, no mocking. Just help, if you will.

"Good men mean well; they just don't always end up doing well." -Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2, Chapter 12
08-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Find
rybray Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Not a game error as such.....

I find myself in the same situation sometimes, especially with the story I'm working on. I would love to finish it, but it is a lot of work for what seems like a relatively small community.

I'll play through your pre-alpha and do my best to tell you whats what with it. Respond with more specific stuff you want me to pay attention to, if you had something in mind.
08-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

(08-30-2011, 08:53 PM)rybray Wrote: I find myself in the same situation sometimes, especially with the story I'm working on. I would love to finish it, but it is a lot of work for what seems like a relatively small community.

I'll play through your pre-alpha and do my best to tell you whats what with it. Respond with more specific stuff you want me to pay attention to, if you had something in mind.

Thanks, man. At least this small community is well-built and polite. I'll have the file up soon. Give me a mo to put it on mediafire.

Again, thanks alot. By the way, the 5th level has no lighting. I haven't got round to that. Feel free to edit. (:

"Good men mean well; they just don't always end up doing well." -Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2, Chapter 12
08-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

If you would like more than one tester, I'd be glad to give your custom story a shot. Smile
08-31-2011, 12:51 AM
Find
rybray Offline

Threads: 9

Feel free to edit? Haha I have enough work Smile but i can give suggestions
08-31-2011, 01:38 AM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

(08-30-2011, 08:58 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote:
(08-30-2011, 08:53 PM)rybray Wrote: I find myself in the same situation sometimes, especially with the story I'm working on. I would love to finish it, but it is a lot of work for what seems like a relatively small community.

Thanks, man. At least this small community is well-built and polite. I'll have the file up soon. Give me a mo to put it on mediafire.

Again, thanks alot. By the way, the 5th level has no lighting. I haven't got round to that. Feel free to edit. (:

I automatically respect anybody who can create and finish a custom story Wink
I think a little bit of praise can give you the enthusiasm needed to create a story.

Insanity. Static.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2011, 01:46 AM by Juby.)
08-31-2011, 01:44 AM
Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

(08-31-2011, 01:44 AM)Juby Wrote:
(08-30-2011, 08:58 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote:

I automatically respect anybody who can create and finish a custom story Wink
I think a little bit of praise can give you the enthusiasm needed to create a story.

Fancy having a try out?
(08-31-2011, 01:38 AM)rybray Wrote: Feel free to edit? Haha I have enough work Smile but i can give suggestions

Well, just in case (;

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2011, 01:43 PM by ObsidianLegion.)
08-31-2011, 01:33 PM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

(08-31-2011, 01:33 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote: Fancy having a try out?

sure Sleepy

Insanity. Static.
08-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Find