Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Announcement Silent Hill (FULL CONVERSION)
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Silent Hill (FULL CONVERSION)

This is...ambitious
09-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

these photos are actually two big textures
09-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Wow this is going to be epic adventure. I'm silent hill fan and I love silent hill games.

Good luck with the project!

“Life is a game, play it”
09-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Find
NadTheBat Offline

Threads: 4

(09-04-2011, 10:26 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: these photos are actually two big textures

No, these photos are actually three (not two) big screenshots.
UPDATE: Added a fourth screenshot that I forgot to put up earlier. Proof that the things I uploaded aren't "Big textures" XD
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2011, 12:36 AM by NadTheBat.)
09-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Well about the screenshots just being textures....they are. I can see the tiling in the first screenshot. Don't get me wrong it looks great, the scenery change from dungeons and mansions is awesome, but....there's nothing in your screenshots. Like, literally nothing. Just walls. Put objects, particles, fog, lights. Make them tell us a little something about places we can expect to explore in your mod, not just "hey check out this texture"

09-05-2011, 01:07 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(09-05-2011, 01:07 AM)palistov Wrote: Well about the screenshots just being textures....they are. I can see the tiling in the first screenshot. Don't get me wrong it looks great, the scenery change from dungeons and mansions is awesome, but....there's nothing in your screenshots. Like, literally nothing. Just walls. Put objects, particles, fog, lights. Make them tell us a little something about places we can expect to explore in your mod, not just "hey check out this texture"

I like the fourth picture but I agree to what palistov said completely.
09-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Find
NadTheBat Offline

Well so far, that's basically it. Like I've said, it's rather hard to find nice looking textures, and even harder to make them myself. I would show off a few car models that I have, but I can't even put them into the game because my model editor crashes when I try to load a texture.
Well I fixed the crashing, but now the texture doesn't appear. FFFUUU
Got everything to work properly, but now when I try to load up the model in-game it doesn't appear in the model browser. Starting to get a little pissed off here.
Finally got the model to appear in-game, but now yet another problem: the model has no texture! It's just a series of horrible things today :|
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2011, 02:51 AM by NadTheBat.)
09-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(09-05-2011, 01:53 AM)NadTheBat Wrote: Well so far, that's basically it. Like I've said, it's rather hard to find nice looking textures, and even harder to make them myself. I would show off a few car models that I have, but I can't even put them into the game because my model editor crashes when I try to load a texture.
Well I fixed the crashing, but now the texture doesn't appear. FFFUUU
Got everything to work properly, but now when I try to load up the model in-game it doesn't appear in the model browser. Starting to get a little pissed off here.
Finally got the model to appear in-game, but now yet another problem: the model has no texture! It's just a series of horrible things today :|

Mm, maybe I can help you with that. From which format are you converting? Have you edited the model to see a .mat file?

I have converted a car and a bus in the past so maybe I can help. I hope it doesn't have bad normals though. I can make sure the model appears in-game with the texture. If it has bad normals, Tanshaydar will have to look at it after me. The files are required though so it's up to you! Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2011, 02:57 AM by plutomaniac.)
09-05-2011, 02:56 AM
Find
NadTheBat Offline

Quote:Mm, maybe I can help you with that. From which format are you converting? Have you edited the model to see a .mat file?

I have converted a car and a bus in the past so maybe I can help. I hope it doesn't have bad normals though. I can make sure the model appears in-game with the texture. If it has bad normals, Tanshaydar will have to look at it after me. The files are required though so it's up to you! Smile

Here's a link for the car: http://www.mediafire.com/?38vt96nj3fa1wj9 I appreciate any help you can offer!
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2011, 04:54 AM by NadTheBat.)
09-05-2011, 04:53 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Alright, I did everything I could and now it is fixed. It appears in-game, the textures are all in place:

Spoiler below!
[Image: car2h.jpg]

However, it does have some very few bad normals which cause certain small problems. You cannot click the object to move it after placed. You have to find it via the Ctrl+F function.

Now, I will send it to Tanshaydar to fix the bad normals and it should be ready after that.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2011, 10:05 AM by plutomaniac.)
09-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Find