Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash on startup...[Problem solved]
Lambda Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Crash on startup...

...really? I feel... kind of stupid now...
____EDIT____
Okay, now I can at least boot it again,(As I meantioned in the readme file of that little prerelease, it didn't even boot anymore) but it doesnt fix the problem I had in the first place; it still crashes when I try to enter the first map.

Khaaaan!
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2011, 03:15 PM by Lambda.)
09-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(09-20-2011, 03:06 PM)Lambda Wrote: Okay, now I can at least boot it again,(As I meantioned in the readme file of that little prerelease, it didn't even boot anymore) but it doesnt fix the problem I had in the first place; it still crashes when I try to enter the first map.

Right, but i figured since the issue is now isolated to a map that you'd be able to solve it. Unfortunately, the dialog box that the game showed when trying to load the map didn't provide much information, but you should be able to check your hpl.log to get a more descriptive message.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Website Find
Lambda Offline

-------- Loading map 'tutorialmap.map' ---------    Cache Loading: 2830 msWARNING: Sub mesh 'Servant_Brute1' does not exist in mesh 'enemy_suitor.msh'!  Entities: 13144 ms  Compilation: 11 ms  Total: 16119 ms  Meshes created: 25  Bodies created: 12 -------- Loading complete ---------
That's the last section of the HPL.log. If I'm right, the map does fully load, but something else makes a crash.
And dont mind the "WARNING: Sub mesh 'Servant_Brute1' does not exist in mesh 'enemy_suitor.msh'!", I checked, and there is NOTHING called either Enemy_Suitor or Servant_Brute in the first map.

Khaaaan!
09-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Find
Lambda Offline

Note from now on:
I won't need a solution anymore. I'm redesigning the entire mod, because it was needed anyways.
Thank you, everyone who helped! Smile

Khaaaan!
09-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Find