Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animations
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Animations

Hmm, with me the scale was fine! Are you sure you set the scale to metres? Because I created the mesh with a scale in metres!

Also, I never knew about the object name, that could be the problem thank you Smile

Finally, Good luck at Uni! Hope everything goes well there Big Grin

Edit: It wasn't the solution - still get "INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO" Somebody else has this same problem, but I have no Ideas.....

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2011, 12:54 AM by DRedshot.)
09-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18

I dunno. :V

When does the error pop up? I googled it, and I saw some places saying it could be a sound card issue? Does it only happen when importing the monster or something?
09-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Find
DRedshot Offline

It only happens when the monster is enabled in game :/
I can play all of the animation in both ModelEditor and ModelView, and I can place the enemy LevelEditor...
I can also play the game for as long as he is inactive, and the game doesn't crash untill it is enabled with scripts.

I have been having occasional sound issues, but it can always be solved with a quick restart!
If it is a soundcard issue, could you check if he works in your game? I might not bother with him at all if he works in your game...

09-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18

Yea same thing happened to me.

Umm....you only have 10 out of 13 animations in the model editor set. :V
09-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

I did try it with the "idle_extra_x.dae_anim" and it still didn't work... I removed them because in the user_defined_variables I have set the number of extra idle animations to 0. (brute has 2, grunt has 3) Therefore I assumed Idle extra animations were optional (from the model you can see why I wouldn't particularly want extra idle animations Wink )

Anyways, thanks for the help... I'm gonna give this a break and work on my map for a bit. I appreciate all of the help you've given me so far, and I'm sure I will try again sometime in the future!

Big Grin

09-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Ok, I thought I'd bring this thread back up now, seeing that a few more people have created their own monsters now. Basically, a few months ago I tried to create a custom monster, but after adding all the animations I found that it wouldn't run in game, I always got a black box error whenever the monster was loaded into the map. I put the main question on the first post, and there is a bit more information scattered about on pages 2 and 3.

So does anyone have any idea what is going on? The only difference between my monster, and the other ones is that mine has fewer bones. Should I give my monster the same skeleton as the grunt and brute? or does it not matter? Thanks in advance

12-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Find
ggstarfoxxie Offline

Threads: 9

Not trying to insult your abilities, but are the naming conventions of the bones/joints and mesh formatted exactly like the grunt's/brute's? They must be formatted just like the original monster's for the engine to "see" and know how to handle your skeleton. Here's the link for help naming them.

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl1/doc...nt.chap2?s

Also, it doesn't matter how many bones you have.

12-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Cheers for the response.
I cannot remember if I did use the same naming convention as the grunt. I think mine were called things like "leftKnee" "rightForearm" and so-on. I never gave it the same names because it has less bones, so I thought it would read it as a completely different skeleton. I don't know if it matters, but it worked perfectly fine in model viewer and editor, but when it was set enabled via scripting, I'd get a crash.

Next tme I will try to use the same names for joints. Thanks again.

12-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Find