Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crawling Monster?
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Crawling Monster?

Maya can handle a few more things (hair, most notably) than Blender. Blender is free because it's open source, created by volunteers who may or may not keep their programs perfectly up to date and synchronized. Maya is a professional-level product that's made for the 3d games/animation/etc industry, with price to match.

If you're a student, you can join the Autodesk Educators and Students Community and get Maya for free, with the restriction that you can't use it to produce any commercial products.

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
09-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Find
GreyFox Offline

Threads: 23

Would Posting A Mod that I used say Maya to make an enemy Would that be considered Commercial use?

I'll Try Blender and If I can actually do some stuff Then I'll pick up Maya the way you said with no commercial use (if mod isn't a commercial use) I wouldn't think it is. Because I'm not making Money of it and it's not a full game. But What do I know Lol

Thanks Man
-Grey Fox

Current Project
Forgotten
09-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Find
nkmol Offline

Threads: 19

you shouldn't worry about that xD you don't get caught or something Tongue it is indeed only if you get some money from it.
i would recommend you to start at easy shapes. But well, as you said your a fast learner xD i wish you good look Wink
09-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Find