Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hey, I want to play YOUR map!
Morfar Offline

Threads: 12
Hey, I want to play YOUR map!

Hey guys, I'm looking for more Amnesia custom maps to play. They should not be to long or to short.
Maybe 1 hour max to play.

And god forbid, there has to be loads of scares in it.

Check out my montage to see if you want me o play your map!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/morfar[/url] Amnesia/Stories with facecam!
09-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Hey, I want to play YOUR map!

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-6483.html

BOOM! Go.

09-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41

How long is too long and how short is too short? :/

EDIT: And I just re-read what you wrote. >_< Cool beans.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2011, 11:17 PM by Homicide13.)
09-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Find
seth1466 Offline

Threads: 4

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...=the+attic

The Attic

Total length: 20-30 Min.
Many scares... and I did make this custom story.

Please PM me a link of the vid when you upload it.
Good Luck Mate!

-Seth

-Seth1466

The Attic ModDB
09-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Website Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8

Dunno if it's "long enough" (I get dinged for that a lot with this one), but http://www.moddb.com/mods/isle

09-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Find
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9

There are plenty of maps to be found around here but if you want to try out the best, give Through the Portal a shot. It's got a very good story and brilliantly shows what the HP Lovecraft engine can do.

My only concern is how will you stand out from other LP's on youtube. Yes I know your are partnered with YT but there has to be more than the whole badge of honor thing (and you're not the first on here to have said badge). If there is anything I like for let's plays is how a person evolves it from the standard "lets play a game and talk about it yo", and lets not start talking about the "face cam".

Examples include:
Cry including humour within his videos and is possibly the most entertaining out of lets players I have ever seen (evident in my videos).
PewDiePie because he never takes anything serious and probably spends 99% of the time fucking about (in a good way)
Myself for including "Dr J Awless" to talk shit about myself and Rach (my self proclaimed therapist). (Yes I know it's shameful but it's 2.30am and my thoughts are within the prospect of sleep)

In conclusion I am very curious to how this turns out. I have below some maps that I have done in my own LP and recommend you give a try.

The Darkness: Prison - Weird writing but great for people wanting to get into custom stories. Just don't turn around and go out the door, you'll end up as confused as I was.
Cannibalism - Even though I had to cut my LP short, I redid it and found the experience terrifying. The only thing wrong with it is the fact that it's all in one map, so you better have a damn good computer.
Through the Portal - Possibly the only map I have done that I can't think of any criticism for. I'm being serious!

Also, it has to be done. The Dark Room - the most unexpected experience I have ever had.

If you want some help then feel free to contact me via skype

Look forward to seeing what you are doing
09-25-2011, 02:26 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Play my maps:

These two pretty good ones Tongue

Insidious: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-7579.html

Unforgiven Memories: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-9243.html

I will add to my threads your vidz if you make some let's play videos. Tongue

“Life is a game, play it”
09-25-2011, 03:29 AM
Find
Morfar Offline

Threads: 12

(09-25-2011, 12:27 AM)seth1466 Wrote: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...=the+attic

The Attic

Total length: 20-30 Min.
Many scares... and I did make this custom story.

Please PM me a link of the vid when you upload it.
Good Luck Mate!

-Seth
(09-25-2011, 12:27 AM)seth1466 Wrote: I just did that one, episode 3 (ölast episode) uploaded soon on my channel. Great map i gave you good score Smile

(09-25-2011, 02:26 AM)LHudson Wrote: There are plenty of maps to be found around here but if you want to try out the best, give Through the Portal a shot. It's got a very good story and brilliantly shows what the HP Lovecraft engine can do.

My only concern is how will you stand out from other LP's on youtube. Yes I know your are partnered with YT but there has to be more than the whole badge of honor thing (and you're not the first on here to have said badge). If there is anything I like for let's plays is how a person evolves it from the standard "lets play a game and talk about it yo", and lets not start talking about the "face cam".

Examples include:
Cry including humour within his videos and is possibly the most entertaining out of lets players I have ever seen (evident in my videos).
PewDiePie because he never takes anything serious and probably spends 99% of the time fucking about (in a good way)
Myself for including "Dr J Awless" to talk shit about myself and Rach (my self proclaimed therapist). (Yes I know it's shameful but it's 2.30am and my thoughts are within the prospect of sleep)

In conclusion I am very curious to how this turns out. I have below some maps that I have done in my own LP and recommend you give a try.

The Darkness: Prison - Weird writing but great for people wanting to get into custom stories. Just don't turn around and go out the door, you'll end up as confused as I was.
Cannibalism - Even though I had to cut my LP short, I redid it and found the experience terrifying. The only thing wrong with it is the fact that it's all in one map, so you better have a damn good computer.
Through the Portal - Possibly the only map I have done that I can't think of any criticism for. I'm being serious!

Also, it has to be done. The Dark Room - the most unexpected experience I have ever had.

Thanks for the tip mate, Me and PewdiePie has done several LP's together so we know each others pretty well. I know one have to nisch oneself in this market and i think i have something to bring to the table. Usually get 100-300 comments and most of them is just positive. But i would be very glad if someone could come with some pointers on how to improve, then again, one can only bring the personality to the table so, if people like it , they like it Smile

Thanks again

[url]http://www.youtube.com/morfar[/url] Amnesia/Stories with facecam!
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2011, 10:31 AM by Morfar.)
09-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Find
zeravia Offline

Threads: 16

I'll make sure to ask you to play my story when i am done editing it. it just didn't have enough "umph" to it. so I am adding more to it now. ^_^

love the play throughs btw... you actually inspired me to start making them again myself. LOL and i am probably the WORST person to play amnesia. might be easyer if i askually got requests like some do .loool

Diary of a madman -Onhold

New - [Image: at_1374739.png]
09-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Spoiler below!

(09-25-2011, 02:26 AM)LHudson Wrote: There are plenty of maps to be found around here but if you want to try out the best, give Through the Portal a shot. It's got a very good story and brilliantly shows what the HP Lovecraft engine can do.

Examples include:

Thanks for the tip mate, Me and PewdiePie has done several LP's together so we know each others pretty well. I know one have to nisch oneself in this market and i think i have something to bring to the table. Usually get 100-300 comments and most of them is just positive. But i would be very glad if someone could come with some pointers on how to improve, then again, one can only bring the personality to the table so, if people like it , they like it Smile

Thanks again[/quote]
What I enjoy most as a viewer is a genuine player experience. If you're getting the feeling that someone you watch is "putting on a show" just for the sake of it I quickly lose interest. Cry is good at delivering humour mixed with gameplay, it feels truthful and doesn't take you away from the experience. The bottom line is that either you are good (= fun to watch playing a game) at making playthroughs or you're not; you can never "fake" a good experience. All that "extra stuff" is like 5% - 10% of the experience.

Just my view of it.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2011, 11:11 AM by Acies.)
09-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Find