Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone give me a hand on this?
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
Can someone give me a hand on this?

i need a little favor of some one that knows a bit of eny kind of 3d softwere like maya or blender...
i need a grunt dae file whit some extra meshes from amnesia... some nails (5 or 6) and 2 prison chains... don't make it a only one mesh... make them submeshes (i think thats the name) so i can apply that to the grunt ent file like the desk in amnesia....

so that the grunt could have some prison chains on his armsmakeing him a bit different for my custom story Big Grin

plz i would be very gratefull for that!
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2011, 11:32 PM by Danny Boy.)
09-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Can someone give me a hand on this?

god damnit why is every one ignoring me?
09-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Website Find
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41

Because nobody else here knows how to model. Sad

09-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

When Blender starts to support armature export, then many people will be able to help you. Until then, you are stuck to Maya users.

09-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Website Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

I'd like to help, but i'm helping someone else at the minute, it's not that we're ignoring you Smile

I have seen you ask for help a couple of times, and I've been so close to saying yes, before decided that it would end up not being done/done at poor quality because i'm busy.

If it was as simple as sticking a chain on the side of his leg, i'd do it! But you have to repaint the skin weights, and repair all of the animations. For the effort it takes you might aswell make a whole new enemy!

09-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Find
nkmol Offline

Threads: 19

Yep like DRedshot said, you have to make à whole new enemy. Bad enough, i did never bugg less finished à animation Tongue sorry. Also its because 3ds Max cant handle whith the animation. But instead i have to use Maya, were im not simular whith so Tongue
09-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(09-29-2011, 07:31 PM)DRedshot Wrote: I'd like to help, but i'm helping someone else at the minute, it's not that we're ignoring you Smile

I have seen you ask for help a couple of times, and I've been so close to saying yes, before decided that it would end up not being done/done at poor quality because i'm busy.

If it was as simple as sticking a chain on the side of his leg, i'd do it! But you have to repaint the skin weights, and repair all of the animations. For the effort it takes you might aswell make a whole new enemy!
actualy its simpler then that
u don't have to merge the models.... i just want the models in only one dae file... so that i can attach the models (the chains and nails) to the bone of the unaltered monster... so in other words nothing too hard i think..... i belive it works in a similar way to the desk! for example.... it has the main strocture but then it haves the drawers, that are attached to the main body whit model editor.... so i think for some one that knows how to work whit 3d files it wont take much time!
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2011, 10:04 PM by Danny Boy.)
09-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Website Find
nkmol Offline

Threads: 19

I dont think you can attach à mesh to à bone. Also whith the desk or some simulair objects. Those are objects, so they have no animation to play. I can know it :p wanted to make à grunt that's carring à lantern. But when i attached the mesh to the bone ( in 3D programm, Maya), the mesh stretched in all kind of ways out because the animation :p so i dont think there is a easy solution :p although, ill take à look tomorrow Wink
09-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

Oh, I see what you want to do! Smile but i still don't think it would work at all (if it does it would look < poor)

If you attach the submesh to the bone, then you might run into problems, because the animation files won't have the submesh... Also, the submesh won't be binded to the rest of the skin, so when he moves his leg, the chain won't curve around his leg (basically it won't be animated at all)

The Desk is different because it has no animation files Smile

09-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(09-29-2011, 10:52 PM)DRedshot Wrote: Oh, I see what you want to do! Smile but i still don't think it would work at all (if it does it would look < poor)

If you attach the submesh to the bone, then you might run into problems, because the animation files won't have the submesh... Also, the submesh won't be binded to the rest of the skin, so when he moves his leg, the chain won't curve around his leg (basically it won't be animated at all)

The Desk is different because it has no animation files Smile
thats not a problem.... i want the chain lose.... like in the prisioner from justine... in the water level i thinK :/ i don't want the chain to go arounf arm.... but even if it doesn't work i would like to give it a try! the only thing i need to do it is to have the models in the same dae file...
09-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Website Find