Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

---Ideas for a different monster---
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: ---Ideas for a different monster---

(09-27-2011, 04:36 AM)TheJesut Wrote: the bacon monster from silent hill
Monsters...they look like monsters to you? Also, how does that look like bacon? Looks more like a hall shopper carrying heavy bags to me. Since they're seen in a mall, I assumed they were part of Heather's fear and alienation from other people, their mundane lives flying in the face of the horrors she and her father must live with whenever they close their eyes.

PS I have nothing on-topic to add. Sorry.
09-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(09-28-2011, 12:10 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Monsters...they look like monsters to you?

Long time no see father Vincent Cool

I think Thomas' post, birth of a monster should be read a few times.
Also, Silent Hill 'making of's are really good to watch to see 'how's and 'why's of creating monsters.

I hope world will not turn into a place where all games give you DLC to shoot zombies as monsters.

09-28-2011, 12:47 AM
Website Find
Cpt.Jonnypants Offline

Threads: 3

(09-28-2011, 12:47 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(09-28-2011, 12:10 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Monsters...they look like monsters to you?

Long time no see father Vincent Cool

I think Thomas' post, birth of a monster should be read a few times.
Also, Silent Hill 'making of's are really good to watch to see 'how's and 'why's of creating monsters.

I hope world will not turn into a place where all games give you DLC to shoot zombies as monsters.
AH! i second that! Zombie apocalypse shooters are amazing, but theres too many of them. Too many different companies making the same thing, the same way... they are all trying to make really grotesque things to gross you out and slamming scares into your face. Where as amnesia specializes in making you feel like your ACTUALLY in danger and like your such a minority. It would be AMAZING if there were more games like amnesia - the way I see it, they made a new genre: FEAR. Big Grin
Thats just my opinion though ;p
09-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Find
TheJesut Offline

Threads: 0

(09-28-2011, 12:10 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote:
(09-27-2011, 04:36 AM)TheJesut Wrote: the bacon monster from silent hill
Monsters...they look like monsters to you? Also, how does that look like bacon? Looks more like a hall shopper carrying heavy bags to me. Since they're seen in a mall, I assumed they were part of Heather's fear and alienation from other people, their mundane lives flying in the face of the horrors she and her father must live with whenever they close their eyes.

PS I have nothing on-topic to add. Sorry.
I just get that quoye from someone I watched LP silent hill. 'helloween4545' give him a look he is hilarious my fav lper tbh. And yea if you ever would see that towering over you by several feet covered in blood, and hammering luggage down on you that'd be something. Obvious that obomination in 1st person running at you would be a game pauser and I would think, its a monster for sure. Not someone wanting you to carry there bags(only if that means smashing them on your face).

"An eye for an eye is a brother for another."
10-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Find
Seragath Offline

Threads: 1

My idea for a monster was (I haven't read it all but hopefully this is quite unique) But basically how this monster works is that it's slow when there is light and friggen fast when its dark(basically teleporting when it comes to coding, so implementing this monster would be quite difficult, in terms of making it work in the right environment). So if we imagine a scenario with this monster, we see a long hallway with light close to every door in the hallway, but between each door there is a shadow in which the light cannot reach. When you enter this room you see the monster at the end of the hall way and it starts to slowly walk towards you but it's really slow, when it finally reaches the shadow it instantly "teleports" to the end of the shadow so you can see it once again in the light walking slowly.

Horrible drawing if I explained it poorly:

--- = Shadow
[Light] = Light

You---------------[Light]--------------------[Light]--------------------[Light] Monster

So everytime he walks into the shadow he teleports to the next light source looking like he always walked slow.

I hope you see what I'm trying to say here. I sure know I would shit myself if someone managed to pull this off. Smile
10-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

This 'nuff said[Image: 1309420325512.jpg]
10-06-2011, 04:59 AM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17