Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: "Who" did you feel like
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I was myself in the game from start to finish
49.63%
67 49.63%
I started out acting as myself and then slowing acted more as Daniel as I learned about him.
38.52%
52 38.52%
I acted as Daniel from start to finish.
11.85%
16 11.85%
Total 135 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38
RE: Research on "who" you felt like in Amnesia

First, I was the good ol' myself wandering the scary Brennenbrug castle. Then, when I learned more about Daniel. It felt like I had a bond with him or something. I saw through his eyes, you know? Felt the same fears (his were probably worse). It was like I wasn't looking at my computer screen anymore, but I was actually in the game. I was Daniel.

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
12-24-2012, 02:56 AM
Website Find
Earthykiller127 Offline

Threads: 10

(12-23-2012, 11:03 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: You mean you didn't find the hidden rocket launcher? How did you manage to kill Alexander without it?

i used agrippa head man.
then redo the ending and see if there a rocket launcher

I'll make it short
I am
Spoiler below!
Black ☆ Rock Shooter
12-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(12-24-2012, 02:56 AM)SmokeMelvin Wrote: First, I was the good ol' myself wandering the scary Brennenbrug castle. Then, when I learned more about Daniel. It felt like I had a bond with him or something. I saw through his eyes, you know? Felt the same fears (his were probably worse). It was like I wasn't looking at my computer screen anymore, but I was actually in the game. I was Daniel.

Acting as Daniel is NOT what Frictional Games want. The goal of the game should be feeling myself in the game.

So, when you said you felt like you wasn't looking at your computer anymore, then you felt not like Daniel, then you are immersed like YOU were in the game. In this case, you were not Daniel.
12-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Find
Sampyli Offline

Threads: 2

Hmm, a surprisingly hard question. Now that I think about it, I guess I thought of 'the old Daniel' as a completely different person, and I was 'the new Daniel'. (While playing the game I didn't really think "I am Daniel", tho. I just thought I was me.) So basically I suppose I didn't relate to the character, and did things my way. For example in the water part, it was impossible to be calm and start thinking, "what would Daniel do?" Instead I panicked and did whatever I could. I was actually a bit ashamed afterwards that I didn't think of moving the boxes, but maybe that's just better. Anyway, when you have to make choices, you start thinking what someone would do, not when you just have to do stuff.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if I'm correct. It was quite a while ago since I played the game so I can't really remember. Tongue
01-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Find