Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Suggestion #2 - Improve the forums
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
Suggestion #2 - Improve the forums

I think the forums are in need of an improvement in the following areas:

- The showcase should be a special forum, specialized for mods sharing, much like the moddb page.
- Ability to create forum groups(user defined), or even teams as can be found in development platforms such as fpsbanana.com .

Why?

This forum became a development platform for Amnesia Cs and complaints such as this:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-10667.html

Start coming up.

Please discuss.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
10-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Suggestion #2 - Improve the forums

Hmm, over 400 topics in the showcase forum to be moved (checked) if sub forums are created, and there is no way to make the process easy (unless mods can search without keywords).

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

That's simple. If the user is interested in his topic, he should save it and redo it for himself. They can create a new forum and lelave the old showcase. Or they can just create their own page with it's own subdomain for the matter.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
10-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(10-09-2011, 07:04 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: If the user is interested in his topic, he should save it and redo it for himself. They can create a new forum and lelave the old showcase.

In other words, make the current Showcase forum an archived forum?

(10-09-2011, 07:04 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: Or they can just create their own page with it's own subdomain for the matter.

Then there would be no need to force the Showcase forum in being a special forum (and is pretty much what moddb already does).

10-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Except for the fact that not every story is in moddb, and not every story is in FG forums. The organization of these suck. If FG decided to make a game to hold a dev community, which at the moment is the most active and important part of these forums, I guess they have not enough, they can't even organize things correctly.

And yes, I meant making showcase an archived forum. Besides moddb has nothing to do with frictional games.

Just suggesting. It's up to you users to agree/disagree.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 08:19 PM by nemesis567.)
10-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(10-09-2011, 08:17 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: Except for the fact that not every story is in moddb, and not every story is in FG forums. The organization of these suck. If FG decided to make a game to hold a dev community, which at the moment is the most active and important part of these forums, I guess they have not enough, they can't even organize things correctly.

How would you teach the community to be organized?

(10-09-2011, 08:17 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: And yes, I meant making showcase an archived forum.

I get the feeling that archiving the Showcase forum would be counter-productive to the custom story projects within. Archiving is for the "old and dead," but many of the topics in there are still active and some are new.

10-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Those would be done in the new showcase folder. If someone's interested in them, that wouldn't be much of a trouble. It's quite hard at the moment to make such change. But as the community grows it will be harder and if it isn't done, there will be a time in which there will be no way to find anything around Custom stories forums section.

10-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

It looks like the forums have been decently improved now.

10-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Find