Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.lang isn't loading, HALP! :> [SOLVED]
risb3rg Offline

Threads: 3
.lang isn't loading, HALP! :> [SOLVED]

It's not even loading at all! I can't even see custom story description on main menu..........
Checked for spelling errors etc but can't find a solution.... Huh
Very thankful for solving help!
I both attached .lang and posted dl link!
http://www.mediafire.com/?ypmaa21uuhv6u4o link to .lang file.

-risb3rg Heart
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 07:32 PM by risb3rg.)
10-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36
RE: .lang isn't loading, HALP! :>

I can't trust downloads. Wink

Can you please copy and paste the actual .lang file onto the post so I can look at it from here?

Thanks in advance. :3

10-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Find
risb3rg Offline

Of course, thanks for fast reply <3

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="Signs">
<Entry Name="SignArea_1">The tunnel appears to have caved in, last night must've been wild. Fuck, i need to find another way out of here. </Entry>
<Entry Name="SignArea_2">The Gate is engraved with a text that reads: EMERGENCY EXIT, DO NOT USE UNLESS IN DANGER. </Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">You wake up hungover somewhere in Alexanders Castle after a party last night. Find out what the hell happened last night and find your friend Stephano and save him from the horrors within the castle! </Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_heroin">The bottle Etiquette reads: Warning! Contains 90% Alcohol. It's probably leftovers from last night, this should soothe any pain possible, could come in handy. </Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_heroin">Bottle of 90% Absinthe</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_notebutton_Name">Secret door plans </Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_notebutton_Text">Secret door mechanism plans [br] There are four buttons connected to the door opening mechanism. They all have to be pushed in order to trigger the mechanism opening the door. Button coordinates reads as follow: [br] Button 1: <x14-y36-z21> [br] Button 2: <x39-y36-z21> [br] Button 3: <x62-y40-z20> [br] Button 4: <x12-y36-z50> </Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Examine">
<Entry Name="Entry1">The door is heavily reinforced and must be guarding something, but i can't think of what, maybe this is where Stephano is being held captive? It seems to be locked with some sort of mechanism, i better go look for a way to get it open. </Entry>
<Entry Name="Entry2">I need to keep going. Besides, the sign on top of the door says that the door is for emergency purposes only and it's locked shut, it is only able to open from the other side.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Entry3">It's locked tight, why would someone lock his closet cabinet anyway? Hmm... I'll need something strong and sturdy to break it open.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Entry4">The cabinet is now open but the crowbar broke in the process.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 05:25 PM by risb3rg.)
10-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

The only thing I see that could be a problem is in the category "Examine", where there are multiple entries that are named the same. Perhaps change the second to "Entry2", the third to "Entry3", and the fourth to "Entry4".

I hope it works. Smile

10-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Find
risb3rg Offline

(10-09-2011, 05:29 PM)Kyle Wrote: The only thing I see that could be a problem is in the category "Examine", where there are multiple entries that are named the same. Perhaps change the second to "Entry2", the third to "Entry3", and the fourth to "Entry4".

I hope it works. Smile
yeah i changed it and didn't work. updated in thread. so i can't use my own category names?

this is so fucked up, everything seems right but nothing in the whole .lang file is working at all! god damnit :>
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 05:35 PM by risb3rg.)
10-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

It's probably coming across things like this "<x14-y36-z21>" and saying, "Well, that isn't closed properly, syntax FAIL!" and then exiting in the background.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Website Find
risb3rg Offline

okay, im gonna try editing that away and see what happens, thanks
that did work, thanks bro

fuck me im stupid, i shouldn't have used stupid < and > in the text..

anyways, case closed thanks for taking time helping out. Heart
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 06:06 PM by risb3rg.)
10-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Find