Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Announcement Offering to Make Trailers
NylePudding Offline

Threads: 23
Offering to Make Trailers

I love video editing, I have been doing it casually for about 6 years now. I would love to make a Trailer for your Custom Story.

If you want me to make a trailer for you, all you need to do is the following:
  • PM me the clips you want edited, (I would offer to record them for you, however my fraps doesn't like me at the moment for some reason).
  • PM me the music you want me to use. (If you don't know what music you want to use I might be able to find something).
  • Tell me in a PM what you want the trailer to be like, fast paced, slow, dramatic etc. Also the text you want to appear and the font of it.
I will happily do this for free, it might take me a while since I have other things to do. I want to make trailers simply because I want more experience.

Other details:

I will be using Sony Vegas to edit the trailers, so I can shove in a load of fancy effects if you want. (Not that they look very good).

If you really don't have any preference of your trailer to be like. I would be very happy to go "Free Style" on your clips and make something that I think suits them.

Finally, I'm not hear to make super amazing trailers (for the time being), I will make them to the best of my ability. My main goal is to simply save you time and make a nice trailer. After the trailer is done I will render it in your preferred format and send it to you.

Perhaps there isn't much of a demand (if any) for me to make trailers in this forum, but certainly hope there is. =]

P.S. Sorry about all the brackets, they are my friends. Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2011, 09:13 PM by NylePudding.)
10-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Offering to Make Trailers

Got any showcases of your work ?
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2011, 10:10 PM by Arvuti.)
10-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(10-11-2011, 10:10 PM)Arvuti Wrote: Got any showcases of your work ?
exactly my thoughts Smile

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
10-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41

You see, I would give you footage to make a trailer out of, but I don't know what footage would be good to put into a trailer. D:

10-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

What if we gave you a clip of just gameplay long as 1-3 minutes and you cut down the parts you think are best?

I mean, I don't wanna ask for more :p, but I think it would be easier for some of us because some people (like me) don't know which clips/parts to use, so I would prefer to record a couple of minutes of gameplay, and then handing it over to you for you to edit
10-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Find
NylePudding Offline

(10-12-2011, 12:52 AM)Xvideogamer720X Wrote: What if we gave you a clip of just gameplay long as 1-3 minutes and you cut down the parts you think are best?

I mean, I don't wanna ask for more :p, but I think it would be easier for some of us because some people (like me) don't know which clips/parts to use, so I would prefer to record a couple of minutes of gameplay, and then handing it over to you for you to edit
I would be extremely happy to break it down into parts and make a trailer out of it! It just depends what sort of trailer your after, in my opinion there are two main types of trailers, first person and third person ones. But of course you can have a mixture of the two.

First person ones are more gameplay/story trailers, when third person trailers have a lot more panning shots and overlooking shots.

I hope you get what I mean. =]

(10-11-2011, 11:03 PM)Homicide13 Wrote: You see, I would give you footage to make a trailer out of, but I don't know what footage would be good to put into a trailer. D:
If you record me 5 minutes (perhaps more) of you playing your story, I could possibly try and make a gameplay/story trailer.

Otherwise you could record scenes of panning across rooms, looking through doors and looking upon the most important/scariest scene of your story. =]
(10-11-2011, 10:10 PM)Arvuti Wrote: Got any showcases of your work ?
I thought people would start asking this question. Unfortunately my Laptop recently died a horrible death, and because I stupidly didn't back anything up I don't have anything special to show you in the way of trailers.

I have a comedy documentary I could show you which I edited for an Art Exam, however I don't know how much good it'll do since it's very unrelated.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2011, 06:48 AM by NylePudding.)
10-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

That's why there is thing called: youtube Tongue

What about you make trailer out of my minigame? Just to show your skills for others Smile? It isn't anything hard or long thing. Small thing Smile

If people see what you are capable of, they are more likely to come and ask from you, including me Tongue

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2011, 02:06 PM by Elven.)
10-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(10-12-2011, 02:05 PM)Elven Wrote: That's why there is thing called: youtube Tongue
/offtpic
Which bans your videos without even notifying you.
/offtopic

I'd ask one for WN, but one of my friends said he would do it, I hope he will Smile

10-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Website Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Well, usually it bans for reason. It has banned so far from my 200 videos like 2 videos ^^.

Don't use copyrighted music OR copyrighted video and you'll do fine Smile

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
10-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Find
NylePudding Offline

(10-12-2011, 02:05 PM)Elven Wrote: That's why there is thing called: youtube Tongue

What about you make trailer out of my minigame? Just to show your skills for others Smile? It isn't anything hard or long thing. Small thing Smile

If people see what you are capable of, they are more likely to come and ask from you, including me Tongue
I would love to make a trailer out of your minigame! What's the name of it?

10-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Find