Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
From Noob to Pro: Amnesia Custom Story Creation Series
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: From Noob to Pro: Amnesia Custom Story Creation Series

(04-10-2012, 02:44 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: I think what he means by "intro" is using MovePlayerHeadPos(); and kinda making it look cut-scene like because its not something the players can move like, its like moving a camera around the map. I am curious to learn this aswell.

Also, could you make a tutorial about the if== stuff? I dont really understand that yet.

Thanks in advance! Smile
Huh? Weren't you participating in the challenge?..

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
04-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Find
ResidentEddy Offline

Threads: 2

Well, I can't even LEARN how to script (how pathetic of me, I know, especially since I'm 19 years old). I'm in a depressed state with this scripting. I already posted about this situation recently.
04-21-2012, 03:46 AM
Find
Saren Offline

Threads: 20

(04-21-2012, 03:46 AM)ResidentEddy Wrote: Well, I can't even LEARN how to script (how pathetic of me, I know, especially since I'm 19 years old). I'm in a depressed state with this scripting. I already posted about this situation recently.
Know how you feel brah...... I'm having a hard time getting this stuff too....

05-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

Programming in general is probably one of the most complicated lines of work there is, so maybe it's not for everybody. Game scripting is one of the most basic forms of programming (not counting web-pages). If you double the difficulty of that, you have regular C++, which is the overall programming standard.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 11:46 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
05-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(05-01-2012, 11:12 PM)Saren Wrote:
(04-21-2012, 03:46 AM)ResidentEddy Wrote: Well, I can't even LEARN how to script (how pathetic of me, I know, especially since I'm 19 years old). I'm in a depressed state with this scripting. I already posted about this situation recently.
Know how you feel brah...... I'm having a hard time getting this stuff too....
Maybe you'd find it easier if you tried learning the concepts of programming from another source. The documentation for the scripting in this engine isn't really sufficient to learn from, there's are many things it assumes you know. You can always learn, however, all the material to learn programming is out there on the internet, you just have to find the right source at the right level for you, be it Your Computer's tutorials or otherwise

On the other hand if you don't want to learn, try just getting good at another aspect of mod making and work with someone who knows scripting.

C++ is certainly the programming standard of the gaming world, but outside gaming and science things like Visual Basic and Java are more practical, where you don't need to worry so much about memory.
05-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Find
Jagsrs28 Offline

Threads: 25

You have some really good tutorials.

Special Custom Story for 2 special people!

[Image: LWFcAl]

06-25-2012, 08:16 AM
Find
bjaffedj Offline

Threads: 8

i was really wondering how you did the intro for this project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUyqex4owJo

maybe you could make an tutorial? Smile that would help me so much! BTW. love your tutorials Smile
08-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(08-05-2012, 10:12 PM)bjaffedj Wrote: i was really wondering how you did the intro for this project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUyqex4owJo

maybe you could make an tutorial? Smile that would help me so much! BTW. love your tutorials Smile

It uses the same technique as the wake up script, with StartPlayerLookAt.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012, 10:41 PM by Your Computer.)
08-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Website Find
bjaffedj Offline

Threads: 8

(08-05-2012, 10:41 PM)Your Computer Wrote: It uses the same technique as the wake up script, with StartPlayerLookAt.
and are you able to create a move animation using the StartPlayerLookAt script? and how did you fade out and teleport to a new sequence? Smile
Thanks in advance
08-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Find
paththeir Offline

Threads: 1

Your Computer, you are the best! Thanks for your videos! I rely on become good custom story maker. I made a lot of them but it's so stupid so I'm thinking of making attention on storyline. Maybe, you could make a video that topic? Anyway, thanks!
01-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Find