Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't create a profile.
Vayhef Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Can't create a profile.

First, I would like to apologize because I'm from France, and maybe I'll make grammatical mistakes, or some others things 8)
Well, I bought this game today, because I would play it with a friend, with skype. But, when I am on the main menu of amnesia, where it asks you to create a profile to play, I type my name, click on "create", but IT DOESN'T WORK. No profile is created è.é. And if I retry, it makes the same thing. That's very annoying, and moreover, I didn't find any subject about this ( except one that didn not help me at all ).
So, please, help me T.T
10-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Can't create a profile.

Can you post your hpl.log file?

It is located in ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/

Also what exact name are you entering? Does it have any non-ASCII characters? (e.g. anything with an accent or grave)

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
10-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Website Find
Vayhef Offline

I searched for the hpl.log file but I didn't see anything é.è
I'm just entering "Vayhef", and as you can see, there's no non-ASCII characters u.u
Oh, BTW... I've just seen that I was on the thread "Linux", that's a mistake from me >.<, I'm on Windows 7. Sorry 8)

Wait, WTF, I've just try to launch Amesia, and an error file appears, it says "Could not load main init file: Vayhef"
What does it mean ? é.è
10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Find
Greatwhite212 Offline

hello i would like some help but don't know if you could help me or not. I am no windows and would love to know how to make a profile i cant make a profile because i type in a name and this is the name i type in: greatwhite212 and it won't make a profile please help me?

P.S i am on windows Vista.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2012, 08:38 PM by Greatwhite212.)
10-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Find