Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Released]First Custom Story, DeathIsComing
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: [Released]First Custom Story, DeathIsComing

(11-03-2011, 05:12 AM)Laurensman Wrote:
(11-03-2011, 05:09 AM)flamez3 Wrote:
(11-03-2011, 05:01 AM)Laurensman Wrote:
(11-02-2011, 07:56 PM)Acario Wrote: Played through most of it (where you see in the video is where I'm stuck at, essentially the end I'm guessing) and it was enjoyable for the most part but there were some things that irked me.

Spoiler below!
While the monsters in the first part were fakes they either lasted too long or should've had a more widespread patrol (if possible not sure of how the pathing works). For example when you open the second door on the right of the second map (where the two monsters appear) I ran away before they could reach me making them stay spawned and look around for an infinite amount of time. Their patrol was one getting stuck in the wall and one walking back and forth. I figured they'd despawn (didn't know they were fake) and eventually said fuck it and had to run into them because there was no other choice.

I came to find out they were fake but I shouldn't have to find out like that haha. A lot of them also got stuck on walls a lot which may be more of the AI of them rather than your design. Other than that I enjoyed how the keys were hidden i was waiting for someone to do that instead of the normal "Well let's see I need a key... Search ALL the drawers!" The third map I also had problems with which you will see in the videos..

These two videos show some problems with the third map which aren't huge deals for the most part but being able to see everything in the level is sort of strange... Also being able to jump out of the level also isn't too good Tongue
http://youtu.be/DgQNNq56Ej8

http://youtu.be/-S8-zYSDH7s

Other than that I enjoyed the CS and I hope to see more from you. If you need a tester for your levels let me know I'm more than willing to help.
Thanks for the feedback, and yes i am defanitly going to make more, about to start another now. This one will be way better in the level editing part, and scripting as well. And this one will not be for just Morfar, it will have a story line to it. So it will also be way longer, hopefully at least 1-2 hours of gameplay im hoping. And i am glad you enjoyed it. =] Sorry about how you go down the spiral stairs and u can fall out, see the map. had no clue how to fix that, but I promise, my next story, will be way better, and it will be different chapters.
(11-02-2011, 08:14 PM)Arvuti Wrote: For a first custom story it is pretty good but eh the mapping is fairly lacking and as said on the post above me, it does have quite few glitches you should fix.
Thanks =] and yeah i know, but next story will be way better in the map editing part of it, and story line. And like i said above this post, I will try to make chapters, each at least an hour long of gameplay, with cinematics also. Lol
If i can figure out how to do them.
Just look at the way I did mine in my map Smile
Alright will do lol =]
But give me credit Big Grin

11-03-2011, 05:18 AM
Find
Laurensman Offline

Threads: 2

(11-03-2011, 05:18 AM)flamez3 Wrote:
(11-03-2011, 05:12 AM)Laurensman Wrote:
(11-03-2011, 05:09 AM)flamez3 Wrote:
(11-03-2011, 05:01 AM)Laurensman Wrote:
(11-02-2011, 07:56 PM)Acario Wrote: Played through most of it (where you see in the video is where I'm stuck at, essentially the end I'm guessing) and it was enjoyable for the most part but there were some things that irked me.

Spoiler below!
While the monsters in the first part were fakes they either lasted too long or should've had a more widespread patrol (if possible not sure of how the pathing works). For example when you open the second door on the right of the second map (where the two monsters appear) I ran away before they could reach me making them stay spawned and look around for an infinite amount of time. Their patrol was one getting stuck in the wall and one walking back and forth. I figured they'd despawn (didn't know they were fake) and eventually said fuck it and had to run into them because there was no other choice.

I came to find out they were fake but I shouldn't have to find out like that haha. A lot of them also got stuck on walls a lot which may be more of the AI of them rather than your design. Other than that I enjoyed how the keys were hidden i was waiting for someone to do that instead of the normal "Well let's see I need a key... Search ALL the drawers!" The third map I also had problems with which you will see in the videos..

These two videos show some problems with the third map which aren't huge deals for the most part but being able to see everything in the level is sort of strange... Also being able to jump out of the level also isn't too good Tongue
http://youtu.be/DgQNNq56Ej8

http://youtu.be/-S8-zYSDH7s

Other than that I enjoyed the CS and I hope to see more from you. If you need a tester for your levels let me know I'm more than willing to help.
Thanks for the feedback, and yes i am defanitly going to make more, about to start another now. This one will be way better in the level editing part, and scripting as well. And this one will not be for just Morfar, it will have a story line to it. So it will also be way longer, hopefully at least 1-2 hours of gameplay im hoping. And i am glad you enjoyed it. =] Sorry about how you go down the spiral stairs and u can fall out, see the map. had no clue how to fix that, but I promise, my next story, will be way better, and it will be different chapters.
(11-02-2011, 08:14 PM)Arvuti Wrote: For a first custom story it is pretty good but eh the mapping is fairly lacking and as said on the post above me, it does have quite few glitches you should fix.
Thanks =] and yeah i know, but next story will be way better in the map editing part of it, and story line. And like i said above this post, I will try to make chapters, each at least an hour long of gameplay, with cinematics also. Lol
If i can figure out how to do them.
Just look at the way I did mine in my map Smile
Alright will do lol =]
But give me credit Big Grin
Yeah of course lol =]
11-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Find
KenOfAllTrades Offline

I made a LP on the story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsl4CnsxEuA

Also I got stuck, but I think it's due to a glitch

I probably made a LP of this! Youtube channel here!
11-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Find
Laurensman Offline

(11-03-2011, 03:27 PM)KenOfAllTrades Wrote: I made a LP on the story

lol i watched it and commented. wheres the rest of the game? lol =]

11-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

Laurensman

well man, funny, and extremely buggy map ritual room key, rusty key - useless
can't open that damn door(on the left side)
[Image: Vdrmms.jpg]

sound like it opened, but really its lock!

glitching textures
[Image: VO5CGs.jpg]

you see that? i can walk through textures and walls Big Grin

anyway, i loved two running fucking monsters, that was crazy run! Smile

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2011, 08:06 PM by Dark Knight.)
11-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Find
Laurensman Offline

(11-03-2011, 08:06 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: Laurensman

well man, funny, and extremely buggy map ritual room key, rusty key - useless
can't open that damn door(on the left side)
[Image: Vdrmms.jpg]

sound like it opened, but really its lock!

glitching textures
[Image: VO5CGs.jpg]

you see that? i can walk through textures and walls Big Grin

anyway, i loved two running fucking monsters, that was crazy run! Smile
lmfao thanks, and i know its buggy, but its first one. Working on second one currently, And it will be way better then this. wont be able to glitch through walls. better textures. So stay tuned for my second one. Not anytime soon tho. lol =]
11-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Find
KenOfAllTrades Offline

(11-03-2011, 05:57 PM)Laurensman Wrote:

As I said, I wondered if the stuck door was a glitch or not
EDIT: In part 3 that is. Apparently, you haven't checked part 2 or 3 out if my view counter is right. I shouldn't need to post ALL of the links, right?
SECOND EDIT: Oh I saw your comment. I'll just edit the door to magically disappear

I probably made a LP of this! Youtube channel here!
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2011, 08:55 PM by KenOfAllTrades.)
11-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Find
Laurensman Offline

(11-03-2011, 08:54 PM)KenOfAllTrades Wrote:
(11-03-2011, 05:57 PM)Laurensman Wrote:

As I said, I wondered if the stuck door was a glitch or not
EDIT: In part 3 that is. Apparently, you haven't checked part 2 or 3 out if my view counter is right. I shouldn't need to post ALL of the links, right?
SECOND EDIT: Oh I saw your comment. I'll just edit the door to magically disappear
lol alright or just check it to unlocked? lol which is what i meant to do but didnt save obviously.. =]
11-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Find
Morfar Offline

Threads: 12

THIS i HAVE to play

[url]http://www.youtube.com/morfar[/url] Amnesia/Stories with facecam!
04-10-2012, 06:58 AM
Find
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

Please upload it to another site! Big Grin
Like mediafire or dl.dropbox Please! Big Grin
Megaupload got shutdown...

I will review all of your custom stories (when I find time!)!
04-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Find