Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Released]First Custom Story, DeathIsComing
Laurensman Offline

Threads: 2
[Released]First Custom Story, DeathIsComing

Link= http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QBFXSHH0

Okay guys, Finally done with Chapter1 of DeathIsComing. And I have no clue why the dl link is only like 400 kb. I am thinking its because i deleted the .map caches. But it will recreate the caches for you when you play it. So here it is. Chapter 1. It's a little short, But it's my first one. Also maybe a little glitchy, You will see what i mean.
But i promise chapter 2 will be way better. And yes i was going to fix the story line for it, but dont have time to right now, so I'm just going to go head and release it now. The story was mainly made for Mofar. So, there really isnt a story i wanna say. But in chapter 2, i will add a story to it. Or maybe not even make chapter 2, Just make a whole new thing. So, have fun people. Give me some feedback please when you beat it. Or if you notice anything is wrong. Like something dont work. Thanks.

Link= http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QBFXSHH0
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2011, 04:38 AM by Laurensman.)
10-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: First Custom Story, DeathIsComing

(10-30-2011, 07:47 AM)Laurensman Wrote: Okay, So i got amnesia and beat it, then saw that you can create your own custom storys. So i got the hpl tools, and mind you, I had no idea how to code c++. I know java. But I managed to teach myself some c++. So I am working on my custom story called, DeathIsComing.

Its still in progress, so what I wanted to know, is if anyone wants to beta test it for me to give me some ideas and find bugs. I played it myself, but i want someone else's perspective on it. Just to see if i coded good enough for it to be released soon.It still is not done. It's almost there, so it wont be long until you guy's and girls can play this custom story.

Also when i do release it, dont put me down for bad coding because remember i had no idea how to code c++.So everything may not be exact.But so far i tested it and it seems pretty good. So i just need a few beta testers.

If your interested, post on here and ill message you and give you the dl link for the custom story.And also, if anyone is interested in helping me code a little better, like improving the scares a bit, You will be included in the storys credits and everything. So if you are interested, just post and say so.

Thanks.
I can test if you want. And the scripting language is Angelscript, not C++ (Although very similar)

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2011, 07:51 AM by flamez3.)
10-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Find
Laurensman Offline

(10-30-2011, 07:50 AM)flamez3 Wrote: I can test if you want. And the scripting language is Angelscript, not C++ (Although very similar)
Okay, i sent you the dl link for it in a pm. And thanks for testing it and send me a pm when you finish testing it and give me some feedback. thanks again.
10-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Hahah, good job on completing the custom story.

-Good scares
-Weird but crazy story

Smile

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2011, 03:45 AM by flamez3.)
11-02-2011, 03:45 AM
Find
Laurensman Offline

(11-02-2011, 03:45 AM)flamez3 Wrote: Hahah, good job on completing the custom story.

-Good scares
-Weird but crazy story

Smile
Yeah i know story sucks. But it will deefanitly be improved in ethier chapter 2 if i should make a chapter 2, or a whole new story. But i will improve =]
11-02-2011, 04:36 AM
Find
Acario Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [Released]First Custom Story, DeathIsComing

Played through most of it (where you see in the video is where I'm stuck at, essentially the end I'm guessing) and it was enjoyable for the most part but there were some things that irked me.

Spoiler below!
While the monsters in the first part were fakes they either lasted too long or should've had a more widespread patrol (if possible not sure of how the pathing works). For example when you open the second door on the right of the second map (where the two monsters appear) I ran away before they could reach me making them stay spawned and look around for an infinite amount of time. Their patrol was one getting stuck in the wall and one walking back and forth. I figured they'd despawn (didn't know they were fake) and eventually said fuck it and had to run into them because there was no other choice.

I came to find out they were fake but I shouldn't have to find out like that haha. A lot of them also got stuck on walls a lot which may be more of the AI of them rather than your design. Other than that I enjoyed how the keys were hidden i was waiting for someone to do that instead of the normal "Well let's see I need a key... Search ALL the drawers!" The third map I also had problems with which you will see in the videos..

These two videos show some problems with the third map which aren't huge deals for the most part but being able to see everything in the level is sort of strange... Also being able to jump out of the level also isn't too good Tongue
http://youtu.be/DgQNNq56Ej8

http://youtu.be/-S8-zYSDH7s

Other than that I enjoyed the CS and I hope to see more from you. If you need a tester for your levels let me know I'm more than willing to help.
11-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

For a first custom story it is pretty good but eh the mapping is fairly lacking and as said on the post above me, it does have quite few glitches you should fix.
11-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Find
Laurensman Offline

(11-02-2011, 07:56 PM)Acario Wrote: Played through most of it (where you see in the video is where I'm stuck at, essentially the end I'm guessing) and it was enjoyable for the most part but there were some things that irked me.

Spoiler below!
While the monsters in the first part were fakes they either lasted too long or should've had a more widespread patrol (if possible not sure of how the pathing works). For example when you open the second door on the right of the second map (where the two monsters appear) I ran away before they could reach me making them stay spawned and look around for an infinite amount of time. Their patrol was one getting stuck in the wall and one walking back and forth. I figured they'd despawn (didn't know they were fake) and eventually said fuck it and had to run into them because there was no other choice.

I came to find out they were fake but I shouldn't have to find out like that haha. A lot of them also got stuck on walls a lot which may be more of the AI of them rather than your design. Other than that I enjoyed how the keys were hidden i was waiting for someone to do that instead of the normal "Well let's see I need a key... Search ALL the drawers!" The third map I also had problems with which you will see in the videos..

These two videos show some problems with the third map which aren't huge deals for the most part but being able to see everything in the level is sort of strange... Also being able to jump out of the level also isn't too good Tongue

Other than that I enjoyed the CS and I hope to see more from you. If you need a tester for your levels let me know I'm more than willing to help.
Thanks for the feedback, and yes i am defanitly going to make more, about to start another now. This one will be way better in the level editing part, and scripting as well. And this one will not be for just Morfar, it will have a story line to it. So it will also be way longer, hopefully at least 1-2 hours of gameplay im hoping. And i am glad you enjoyed it. =] Sorry about how you go down the spiral stairs and u can fall out, see the map. had no clue how to fix that, but I promise, my next story, will be way better, and it will be different chapters.
(11-02-2011, 08:14 PM)Arvuti Wrote: For a first custom story it is pretty good but eh the mapping is fairly lacking and as said on the post above me, it does have quite few glitches you should fix.
Thanks =] and yeah i know, but next story will be way better in the map editing part of it, and story line. And like i said above this post, I will try to make chapters, each at least an hour long of gameplay, with cinematics also. Lol
If i can figure out how to do them.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2011, 05:03 AM by Laurensman.)
11-03-2011, 05:01 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

(11-03-2011, 05:01 AM)Laurensman Wrote:
(11-02-2011, 07:56 PM)Acario Wrote: Played through most of it (where you see in the video is where I'm stuck at, essentially the end I'm guessing) and it was enjoyable for the most part but there were some things that irked me.

Spoiler below!

Thanks for the feedback, and yes i am defanitly going to make more, about to start another now. This one will be way better in the level editing part, and scripting as well. And this one will not be for just Morfar, it will have a story line to it. So it will also be way longer, hopefully at least 1-2 hours of gameplay im hoping. And i am glad you enjoyed it. =] Sorry about how you go down the spiral stairs and u can fall out, see the map. had no clue how to fix that, but I promise, my next story, will be way better, and it will be different chapters.
(11-02-2011, 08:14 PM)Arvuti Wrote: For a first custom story it is pretty good but eh the mapping is fairly lacking and as said on the post above me, it does have quite few glitches you should fix.
Thanks =] and yeah i know, but next story will be way better in the map editing part of it, and story line. And like i said above this post, I will try to make chapters, each at least an hour long of gameplay, with cinematics also. Lol
Just look at the way I did mine in my map Smile

11-03-2011, 05:09 AM
Find
Laurensman Offline

(11-03-2011, 05:09 AM)flamez3 Wrote:
(11-03-2011, 05:01 AM)Laurensman Wrote:

Spoiler below!

Just look at the way I did mine in my map Smile
Alright will do lol =]
11-03-2011, 05:12 AM
Find