Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

RIP Antisocialfatman (an Amnesia review)
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13
RIP Antisocialfatman (an Amnesia review)

I have just learned the reviewer Stephen Bray (aka Antisocialfatman) has recently passed away due to a heart attack. I generally don't do this sort of thing and I probably never will again, though I deeply respected the fatman. His intelligent bluntly honest style of reviewing and clever observation made him my most favorite reviewer of all time.

The gaming community as a whole most likely has never even heard of him, but for those who have know it has been struck a rather hefty blow. If you would like to get to know his work, here you are.

I just felt it was high time to at least spread a bit of his work somewhere in honor of the man - maybe a few like-minded individuals will appreciate the time he took to do the digital work he has done.
RIP, Stephen Bray.

11-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10
RE: RIP Antisocialfatman (an Amnesia review)

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-10984.html

I never really knew that guy, when I saw the thread of his death that was the first time I heard of him. Decided to take a look at some of his reviews and yeah they were really good. Shame to see how some person on youtube can do better game reviews than most of the "professional game reviewers".

So as I said, RIP. Really awful to die so young, just goes to show how sudden death can be.
11-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5

I wasn't sure who you were talking about at first but once I played the video and looked at some of his others I remember listening to this guy before and he was a great reviewer. RIP indeed.

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
11-03-2011, 12:38 AM
Website Find
GetAgrippa Offline

Threads: 2

His review of amnesia was the first one i had seen, it convinced me to buy the game. Thank you Cry for spreading more awareness, that means something. RIP Antisocialfatman.

If Fate frowns, we all perish.
11-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Oh wow, that's sad. I really enjoyed his reviews, he was a smart guy.
11-06-2011, 01:24 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

I watched a few of his reviews

Holy shit this guy was awesome, sucks that he died
11-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Website Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

I've just gotten this out of my mind Tongue

RIP - ASFM

Insanity. Static.
11-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Find
brannnn Offline

Threads: 0

Hi, everyone.

I'm a long-time friend of fatman's, and happened upon this forum today. I'd just like to let you all know about a website we have set up in his memory - http://www.antisocialfatman.com, and also tell you that we're currently collecting donations there in his name. We'll be sending whatever we collect to Child's Play, a charity which donates video games (and other toys) to children's hospitals / hospital wards.

If you want more information, you can PM me or stop by the forum that fatman created (link available on his youtube channel page.) We'd also love it if you joined our community there.

I'm sorry if I've broken any rules by posting this here, I'm just trying to get the word out to those who knew and admired him.

Thanks!
11-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

RIP my friend, RIP

11-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Find