Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A little request to developers on endings
anthonydraco Offline

Threads: 2
A little request to developers on endings

After beating the game, I'd say the conclusion is rather disappointing. After the toll it took on the player's sanity, both in real life and in game, I'd say the endings are too short and too vague. It's an unforgetable game, scariest I've ever played, but we don't see something big, or exciting, like fireworks in any of the endings.

Especially two big endings. Some parts of the monologue could've been interpreted as he decided to atone further. I could've used some clarity. And the other surreal ending, I felt like, 'Oh, that can't be the end. After all the effort it took?'

Aside from those points, this game could've been a perfect game.

In the next installment, can we see something grand in those? Like, CG coolness, eye-treat, and what truly happens to the main character, enough to know clearly and not too ambiguous? Just a thought, but it would really help the game to mean something in the end, aside from the replay values.

BTW, I gotta hand it to you guys. Prison, North Block nearly killed me. And Choir scarred me for life.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2011, 10:43 PM by anthonydraco.)
11-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Find
TheJesut Offline

Threads: 0
RE: A little request to developers on endings

Yea I completely agree, the endings felt a wee vague for my taste.

"An eye for an eye is a brother for another."
11-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

An ending doesn't have to be eye-catchy, CG coolly or other thigns. Just look at the ending of Penumbra. Three words... I think there couldn't be an ending greater than it.

11-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Website Find
anthonydraco Offline

Well, it doesn't have to be. But c'mon, indulge us a little. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks it's lacking. No offense, but there are reviews that agree. Real players think so too, ya know.
11-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Maybe, but you only speak for yourself.
11-06-2011, 05:47 AM
Find
anthonydraco Offline

Maybe. Then again, maybe not. Like I said, I've also seen reviews and some more comments saying some of what I said. I think I can grab a link of a review I mentioned off hand, if you want. There are also some comments I've run into on forums and youtube and such. But I can see no point showing them here. Not that the overall game is not good. Good is an understatement. But if the developers aren't gonna do anything about this in the next installment, then they're not gonna do anything. So nvm.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2011, 07:04 AM by anthonydraco.)
11-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

If you are dissatisfied about Amnesia's ending, then you are free to feel so. You are not the only one, so you do not need to prove yourself with some other people's review. A lot of people already stated their dissatisfaction about the ending, and developers already took their opinions into consideration.

But if you are trying to state an ending should be eye-catchy CG duck, well, I already stated my opinion on that; and I don't think the reviews you were planning to link here would state that.
And I'm curious about your "real player" definition. What is it?

11-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Website Find
anthonydraco Offline

I think you're reading too much into it. I was thinking of that as opposed to reviewers with critical eyes and such. I'm thinking of players that don't play to criticize, just feel that 'Oh, I like this.' or 'Oh, I don't like that.' Simple feelings. Players that just play. What I said might not be the best term, but I can't see why it's such a big problem.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2011, 11:13 AM by anthonydraco.)
11-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Find
Faravid Offline

Threads: 0

I'd say the main letdown about the endings was that just like in most games these days, it was pretty much a last-minute decision that determined the ending you get.. it would be more fun to see choices you made earlier in the game affect the ending
11-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(11-08-2011, 10:37 PM)Faravid Wrote: I'd say the main letdown about the endings was that just like in most games these days, it was pretty much a last-minute decision that determined the ending you get.. it would be more fun to see choices you made earlier in the game affect the ending
Frictional Games at the time was struggling to make ends meet, cut them some slack people, jesus christ.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2011, 01:48 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
11-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Website Find