Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I have a fair number of headscratchers about this game..
LuckyBlackCatXIII Offline

Threads: 3
RE: I have a fair number of headscratchers about this game..

Quote: When the little girl escapes, Daniel tells the mother: "tell me where she is, there's no telling what horrors await down there!"

Well, did he say this just to get the mother to tell him where the girl is or was he genuinely concerned about the kid?

Personally I believe it to be a mixture of the two. Part of his humanity might have still been there for him to be generally concerned with Elise's well being but I'm sure the desperate part of his character might have also said it just to get an answer from the mother.

Quote: Judging by the voice acting I'd say Daniel was indeed genuinely concerned about the kid, but then.. he did know what was going to happen to her soon (torture).

Maybe he didn't know what would happen with the kids? I know that sounds silly but hear me out. From what we know from the torture devices, Daniel only dealt with adults. Perhaps somewhere in his mind he didn't believe they'd torture a kid. From the Remember files we know she had an older sister, maybe he only thought they'd be using the mother and eldest daughter? I dunno, it's an idea but I will agree that it seems odd he would be concerned if he knew what they would do with her.

Quote: Also WHY did he kill the girl? He had more than enough strength to easily subdue the kid

He killed the girl simply because he was worried Elise would tell the outrider, Gabriel, what had happened to her and her family (and what was going on in Brennenburg) who would in turn alert the king's men. If this happened there was a chance they would come to the castle before he and Alexander could preform the final banishing ritual. And, from what we got of his character during the "Paint the Man" scene we can see his mind isn't in the right place, he became desperate to stop this (and I'm pretty sure anger that she could ruin all their hard work played a big part of his actions too) and killed her since that was probably the best solution that popped into mind at the time.

Of course we all know how everything then plays off after that!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2011, 06:23 AM by LuckyBlackCatXIII.)
11-12-2011, 06:22 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Wasn't the kid's death is the last drop and a reason for Amnesia's potion?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
11-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Find
rji Offline

Threads: 0

(11-12-2011, 03:50 AM)tyranius Wrote: Also WHY did he kill the girl? He had more than enough strength to easily subdue the kid.

Because he's an evil and selfish prick
Spoiler below!

that didn't want to surrender to the shadow or let Alexander have all the 'power' from the warding ceremony. It's hinted that Alexander was afraid of him by that point, so he was enjoying killing the unsuspecting townsfolk.
Of course it all worked out in the end, his murderous appetite was satiated with one final murder.

11-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Find

(11-12-2011, 02:02 PM)Kein Wrote: Wasn't the kid's death is the last drop and a reason for Amnesia's potion?
There's never been any hint of what else the Amnesiac potion is made up of aside from Damascus Rose, and blood has never been mentioned for that either, as far as I can remember. The main importance of blood was just for vitae in this game.

11-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(11-12-2011, 06:11 PM)LuckyBlackCatXIII Wrote:
(11-12-2011, 02:02 PM)Kein Wrote: Wasn't the kid's death is the last drop and a reason for Amnesia's potion?

There's never been any hint of what else the Amnesiac potion is made up of aside from Damascus Rose, and blood has never been mentioned for that either, as far as I can remember. The main importance of blood was just for vitae in this game.
I'm pretty sure they just meant the last straw, the final depravity that snapped Daniel's mind and made him realize he could not continue to participate in this, and needed to kill Alexander.

11-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Find

(11-12-2011, 06:26 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote:
(11-12-2011, 06:11 PM)LuckyBlackCatXIII Wrote:

I'm pretty sure they just meant the last straw, the final depravity that snapped Daniel's mind and made him realize he could not continue to participate in this, and needed to kill Alexander.
OH!

Ha ha, I see it now, my bad! But yeah what Hollow said, sorry about that!

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2011, 01:16 AM by LuckyBlackCatXIII.)
11-13-2011, 03:03 AM
Find
rji Offline

Threads: 0

(11-12-2011, 06:26 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: I'm pretty sure they just meant the last straw, the final depravity that snapped Daniel's mind and made him realize he could not continue to participate in this, and needed to kill Alexander.

But he didn't need to kill Alexander, he just thought he had to.
11-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Find
tyranius Offline

Threads: 6

Well, okay. Here's another one. When you're entering the prison, you hear a Grunt killing a man. Is this just a hallucination, or did it happen for real? When you're getting close to the cell, you hear some noises, as if he was moving and you entered the cell as he drew his last breath.
11-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(11-13-2011, 04:03 PM)tyranius Wrote: Well, okay. Here's another one. When you're entering the prison, you hear a Grunt killing a man. Is this just a hallucination, or did it happen for real? When you're getting close to the cell, you hear some noises, as if he was moving and you entered the cell as he drew his last breath.
1. It's a Brute not a Grunt

2. No it was not a hallucination...because of course, you can see the trail of blood as the body was dragged along.
11-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Website Find